Sono Results

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 17th, 2005, 07:47 AM
Regular
We just had our sonogram the other day and acording to my last period I should be 9 weeks along but the sono says I am only 6 weeks along. The doctor says they see a gestanional sack and yoke sack but no heartbeat yet, what does this mean? someone please help
February 17th, 2005, 12:09 PM
TulipDawn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TulipDawn
I'm not exactly sure about your particular pregnancy. However I will share mine. I went for an u/s early in my pregnancy (before 9 weeks) because of some side cramping. They did an u/s and saw a sac and yolk but no fetal pole (meaning no h/b). I went back 5 days later and there was a h/b AND a tiny bean. All it means is that the md should do a follow up u/s in about a week. It's amazing...babies can just "pop" out of nowhere in hours or days...

I will keep you in my prayers.
February 17th, 2005, 12:11 PM
Natural Blessings's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Between 6 & 7 weeks the heart starts to beat, so it is most likely that it just hasn't started yet. Seeing both the sac and the yolk are very good signs.

As for why your dates are off. Do you know when you ovulated? Are your periods regular?
February 17th, 2005, 01:23 PM
Regular
Well my wife's periods have been a little irregular, we were doing the temp chart and it looked as though she ovulated 3 days after her period was over. We are hoping it does just show up next week during the next sonogram, but we are still very concerned, it's been a long year since we had our miscarriage and it is still fresh in our minds.
February 17th, 2005, 01:55 PM
Regular
Most likely you will go for a follow up u/s in a week or so. This happened with my 2nd pregnancy also. I had an u/s that only showed a sac and said I was about 5 1/2 weeks along and could not pick up a heartbeat. I went in the next week for a follow up u/s and saw my beautiful little "dot" (the baby) and heard a strong heartbeat. Best wishes to you.
February 17th, 2005, 02:20 PM
Natural Blessings's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Well my wife's periods have been a little irregular, we were doing the temp chart and it looked as though she ovulated 3 days after her period was over.[/b]
The irregular periods are probably why the baby is measuring 3weeks behind what you thought. Do you happen to have a copy of her chart online that I could see?

At 6weeks not seeing a heartbeat is very very common and is not a reason to be concerned.
February 17th, 2005, 02:46 PM
Regular
No we did the chart at home, it dropped way down to about 96.7 then jumped to about 98.2 and stayed right around that temp up until we did the home pregnancy test. I hope things will go alright at the next u/s what if they don't hear the heart then?? How could they tell if everything is alright?
February 20th, 2005, 12:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to linda11567
Well, I have irregular periods and I usually seem to get pregnant about the time my period is due. With the boys I had my first ultrasound at what I thought was 16 wks but the boys only measured 12. I'm glad i didn't have an early ultrasound, cause they probably wouldn't have seen a heartbeat and I would have been worried too. I had a miscarriage in June and for whatever reason that seemed to straighten out my periods and I got pregnant at the point in my cycle where most women do this past Sept.

Since she has irregular periods I would try to be optimistic and go for a followup ultrasound. i would also call the dr and ask to have quantative hcg tested and monitored every few days to make sure its increasing as it should. They should about double every 2-3days. if they are going down instead of up she is miscarrying. that seems to be the most reliable way to know early on when ultrasounds don't show much yet. Ask for HCG monitoring. Its just a blood test. Best of luck.
February 20th, 2005, 01:30 PM
Selestial's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have no advice for you as far as the heartbeat because I've never had an u/s that early. However, I too have read that the heart doesnt' start beating until some time in the second month.

As for the size. One thing to consider is that the "best" measurements are those taken at the 18-20 week ultrasound (as far as determining gestational age). However, that being said, at both my "early" (11 1/2 week) u/s and at the 18-20 week one, I was measuring 1 1/2 weeks younger. However, my periods are always extremely regular, so we (DH and I) really aren't sure which due date is right. I definitely wouldn't worry about the size issue just yet, especially since her periods are irregular.

February 23rd, 2005, 09:05 AM
jamie1005's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally posted by my2boys@Feb 17 2005, 03:55 PM
Most likely you will go for a follow up u/s in a week or so.* This happened with my 2nd pregnancy also.* I had an u/s that only showed a sac and said I was about 5 1/2 weeks along and could not pick up a heartbeat.* I went in the next week for a follow up u/s and saw my beautiful little "dot" (the baby) and heard a strong heartbeat.* Best wishes to you.
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

This is giving me a little bit of hope. When you say they only saw the sac, did it have anythign in it? Any dots? I went yesterday, thinking I was 8 weeks and there was only one tiny dot in the sac. The doc said the sac looks healthy but she was concerend there was only one dot instead of two - teh baby and the yolk. They are telling me I'm either only 4 weeks along, having an unhealthy pregnancy or an ectopic. They couldnt see one of my ovaries in the u/s. They took some blood to check my hcg levels and I'm going back tomorrow to give more blood so they can see if it has doubled like it shoudl be. I am praying for the best and expecting the worst, but maybe my "little dot" will pop up soon too.

</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search