17-OH Progesterione

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 17th, 2005, 03:22 PM
LadyBelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Dr wants to prescribe it & I was wondering if anyones used it.Did it work? did you like it?info please
February 20th, 2005, 03:22 PM
LadyBelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have had preterm starting at 21-24 weeks with all my past prenancies the closer to 20 weeks the more I worry...Anyone had this problem what did they do to help??Its been almost 7yrs since my last baby hoping they have some new advances!

My earliest delivery was at 37 weeks ,but I have extra tiny babies due to IUGR and even at term my largest just made 6lbs.So they really need the extra time!
February 22nd, 2005, 11:43 AM
Regular
Are you referring to the weekly injections? If so, then yes. I have been receiving weekly injections of Delaluten (aka 17P) since I was 21 weeks. I know there are several new progesterone vaginal gels, etc., so if you are referring to any of those, I apologize for all the useless info I am about to give. I still went into preterm labor at 25 weeks and dilated 1cm & effaced 25%. The injections are quite painful, but we spoke to the compounding pharmacy & found that we could mix it with Lidocaine which makes it much less painful. Be sure and ask for the Lidocaine! It makes a major difference. Also, be sure that the nurse rotates which hip she gives it in each week. For the first day or two following the injections I usually feel a little nauseated and have a bad headache. I am still taking the injections because we are still doing everything we can to prevent another preterm delivery, however, the doctor still expects me to deliver between 30-34 weeks. Hope this info is useful to you. Best wishes.
February 23rd, 2005, 08:43 AM
Natural Blessings's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a friend who was on progesterone in the first trimester, then went off of it until 20some weeks and back on it(it may have been shots she went on, I can't remember) to try and prevent preterm labour. Her first 2 kids were born around 34weeks. Her last one, the one she had took the progesterone in the last few months, was born at 39weeks. She was dilated for a few weeks but never went into labour.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search