I'm new here

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 22nd, 2006, 07:56 PM
marisat's Avatar Veteran
Hi everyone-I'm Marisa, I'm new to the board, just thought I'd come in here and say hi. I had preeclampsia when I was pregnant with my first, she was born 2 months early. I'm now pregnant with twins and due in May but probably won't make it until then! I've been on bedrest (& off A LITTLE), in and out of the hospital, since January 18. I'm pretty worried, trying to relax, the girls are showing up small on the U/S, so our doc wants me to try for 29 or 30 weeks. I'm working on that in the hospital, no walking around...it's getting really old. I'm lonely, bored, scared...all that. I miss my dh and my daughter alot (they are coming to see me in a few minutes so I'm excited), but it's just really really difficult. I'm sure you ladies know what I'm talking about. Not trying to complain, just a little tired and stressed lately! Sorry.
Also, does anyone who's been on bedrest know of anything to do (besides watch TV and JM!), I would much appreciate suggestions. I'm just feeling pretty useless, knowing I could be home taking care of my daughter and hubby, etc. I've written cards/letters to just about every single one of my relatives and friends, and I've watched so much Law and Order I could probably BE a lawyer...and ER, and Desperate Housewives, and the Olympics, and American Idol (which is my #1 show)! I'll stop complaining now but I just wanted to say hi to everyone and see how you all are doing in your pregnancies. I won't type out my whole story again, but feel free to ask me questions and also go see my intro in the Intro forum. Hope to chat with you all soon.
February 23rd, 2006, 05:35 AM
Veteran
I can't imagine how you must be feeling. I was on modified bedrest on and off and I thought that was bad. The only other things I can think of doing are reading and maybe video games. What about knitting, needlepoint or some other craft? I'm sure you are going nuts but you're doing this for your babies and it won't last forever, even if it seems like it will. I hope you're able to find some things to alleviate your boredom.
Madeline 9/25/96
Kyle 10/19/04
February 23rd, 2006, 07:23 AM
anissa's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to anissa Send a message via MSN to anissa
I myself was on bed rest in the hospital with my first DD so I feel for you. I did a lot of reading and talking on the phone. I called anybody who was willing to listen to me. LOL. I wish you luck on making it to 29 or 30 weeks. Keep us posted.
Gavin Thomas 06/01/06
Emma Grace Born Sleeping 8/4/05 22 Weeks
Some people only dream of holding an Angel I actually held one!
Angel Baby 8/14/02
Angel Baby 12/28/04

February 23rd, 2006, 10:08 AM
jennyn's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to jennyn
welcome to the bedrest club! i'm jenny and i've been down for twelve weeks now, both in and out of the hospital. you're right, it does get boring! my tv shows are star trek adn charmed! make a list of all the books you've always wanted to read but didn't have time for, and send DH to the library. also, crafts really are a good thing. i learned how to crochet when i was on bedrest with my DD, and it helped keep my hands busy at least, although I have gotten good enough that i dont' have to look at my work much, and so i still need something to look at while i work! and so i made a list of movies i wanted to see and we rented them at blockbuster- get the unlimited rentals for like twenty bucks a month. one last thing- go to sidelines.org and sign up for their support. i love my sidelines buddy- she calls every couple of days to chat, and she knows exactly what i'm going thru, because they match you to a volenteer who has had the same complication as you, or at least a similar one.
i know it's hard, and i know it sucks. don't feel guilty about days when you just want to lay there and feel sorry for yourself and cry- you have my blessing to do just that every once in a while! hope you make it to 30 weeks, but just remember, every day you are pregnant is one less day those babies will spend in th nicu, so every single day is something to be celebrated as a huge accomplishment.
February 23rd, 2006, 10:31 AM
marisat's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
I can't imagine how you must be feeling. I was on modified bedrest on and off and I thought that was bad. The only other things I can think of doing are reading and maybe video games. What about knitting, needlepoint or some other craft? I'm sure you are going nuts but you're doing this for your babies and it won't last forever, even if it seems like it will. I hope you're able to find some things to alleviate your boredom.[/b]
Thank you so much-the encouragement means alot. I think that JM might be the ticket for me for now, it's keeping me busy. And about a craft or something, I've started actually making cards for family/friends, etc. but it's just a little hard to do in bed! My hubby is bringing me his Xbox tonight!!! I have no clue how to play any of his games, but maybe it'll give me something to do!

Anyways, you ladies have no idea how much encouragement I'm already getting from JM, I'm so thankful to have found this place. It means more than you know! Thank you.

And Jenny, thank you so much for sympathizing! You definitely know what it's like! You've been down for longer than I have, so I have a lot of respect for you! Good luck and good job for making it this far!!! I think the book idea is a great one, I love to read and I've been getting some books from the library already-and reading all the tabloids and other magazines to get me entertained! There sure is alot of craziness going on out there, that's for sure! Thanks for the sidelines.org tip too! I just signed up last week and it's already been such an incredible resource for me! I love my buddy too-she's been a great support and it's nice to have someone who knows exactly what you're going through.
Hey-if you ever need to talk, you know we're in the same boat right now so feel free to PM me, and I may do the same, if you ever feel like it. I've got quite a bit of time on my hands! (As do you!) Thanks so much again.
February 24th, 2006, 03:42 PM
jennyn's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to jennyn
pm me anytime!
February 27th, 2006, 04:17 PM
marisat's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
pm me anytime! [/b]
Thank you! I certainly will! (Probably today!)
March 1st, 2006, 07:23 AM
Super Mommy
I definately understand what your going through and I have only been down for 3weeks. I have pprom but luckily it was a small leak, we're thinking it sealed itself. My doctors are hoping to get me to 32weeks, I'm hoping 34-36weeks. Bedrest is so hard when you have a little one who you want to play with, pick up etc. We definately do what we need to do to get our babys here healthy but it's not easy. It's nice to be able to vent or chat with others who understand so drop a line here whenever your feeling upset. I hope everything goes great for you.

Brooklyn Taylor May 16/06
Braeden Nov.16/03
March 1st, 2006, 12:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
You sound like me back in August when I was stuck in the hospital. You can only have so much fun picking food from the menu. I read a lot, and spent a lot of watching DVDs. And to be honest I cried a few times, because it gets kind of depressing. But I know it was all worth it because my son was born healthy. I wish all of you ladies the best of luck.
March 1st, 2006, 12:40 PM
marisat's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
You sound like me back in August when I was stuck in the hospital. You can only have so much fun picking food from the menu. I read a lot, and spent a lot of watching DVDs. And to be honest I cried a few times, because it gets kind of depressing. But I know it was all worth it because my son was born healthy. I wish all of you ladies the best of luck.[/b]
Thank you girls so much. It means alot to hear someone explain exactly how you're feeling and to be able to understand. So thanks. I'm doing alright today, I did have a pretty good cry last night when Blake and Lanie left because I just feel sometimes like this is never going to end and it is a little depressing. I miss my house, I miss being with my daughter, I miss cuddling with my husband, I miss our puppy...
But I'm trying to shake it off today and keep myself busy and distracted. It's a pretty day here and that helps a little. Thanks again to all of you for the encouragement and love. It means so much.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search