possible miscarriage

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 25th, 2006, 10:13 AM
Regular
I am hoping that someone will be able to help me. Can it be possible to have very sore tender breasts during pregnancy and then they just go back to normal? I had some brown spotting yesterday and went in for an u/s the nurse said there is a sac in my uterus but it is too soon to see the baby because I am only 5wks. 4dys. They are checking my HCG levels and I have to have it repeated on Monday. I feel like something might be wrong since my breasts are no longer sore and swollen. Can anyone help me with this?
February 25th, 2006, 10:23 AM
Veteran
They say if the spotting is brown then not to worry, it's old blood and can be caused from a variety of reasons. As for sore breasts, I think that does come and go especially so early. Ask for an u/s in another two weeks, you'll be able to see the baby by then for sure.
February 25th, 2006, 10:54 AM
Regular
Quote:
They say if the spotting is brown then not to worry, it's old blood and can be caused from a variety of reasons. As for sore breasts, I think that does come and go especially so early. Ask for an u/s in another two weeks, you'll be able to see the baby by then for sure.[/b]

Thank you for responding to my question. I am so worried. My husband and I did have sex for the first time (since we found out that we are pregnant) on Thursday night, and the spotting started yesterday (Friday). I just seems like everywhere I look, I'm reading that if you have brown spotting and decreased symptoms like breast tenderness it could be a missed miscarriage. I guess I will have to wait to see what my HCG levels are on Monday. Thank you for taking the time to respond.
February 26th, 2006, 10:47 PM
Regular
Quote:
I am hoping that someone will be able to help me. Can it be possible to have very sore tender breasts during pregnancy and then they just go back to normal? I had some brown spotting yesterday and went in for an u/s the nurse said there is a sac in my uterus but it is too soon to see the baby because I am only 5wks. 4dys. They are checking my HCG levels and I have to have it repeated on Monday. I feel like something might be wrong since my breasts are no longer sore and swollen. Can anyone help me with this?[/b]
I am 5 weeks and 6 days pregnant. I went to the hospital 2 days ago. I had been having cramping and brown spotting. They said I had a small placental seperation. As for the brown spotting, they said it was completely normal. It is just old blood in you uterus from periods that you were suppost to have. I was wondering htough ... what is HCG levels...I had no mention of that. I do not see my OBGYN for another day and a half and it seems like forever!!!!!
February 27th, 2006, 08:48 AM
anissa's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to anissa Send a message via MSN to anissa
Anything is possible. I spotted very early on in this pregnancy and lost tenderness in my breast.
Gavin Thomas 06/01/06
Emma Grace Born Sleeping 8/4/05 22 Weeks
Some people only dream of holding an Angel I actually held one!
Angel Baby 8/14/02
Angel Baby 12/28/04

March 1st, 2006, 04:34 PM
Regular
ok, here I go: On Feb. 6th I did a home pregnancy test, which was positive. Later that day I went to the clinic and they also got a positive urine test, no blood test YET.... As per my LMP, which was Jan 5, 2006, I should've been around 4-6 weeks pregnant...., supposedly!! On Feb. 17th (fri), I started discharging this brownish stuff..throughout the whole day, no red blood or pain. But I still went to the hospital not wanting to have a miscarriage at home. At the hospital they did a pelvic exam, cervic was still small and CLOSED, and a HCG blood test...it was 65. Because my LMP was Jan 5th. They said I was having a miscarriage because my HCG levels were not that of someone who should be between 4-6 weeks pregnant, the levels should be around the thousands...so I went home. On Feb. 18th (sat) the reb blood came, as normal as a regular period, very minor cramps...so I went back to the hospital. They did another pelvic exam, still small and CLOSED, and another HCG blood test...this time it was 61, it went down a couple of point in less than 24 hours...so they said I am definitely having a miscarriage, watch the bleeding and come back if it gets worst, for a possible D&C. But that I had to follow up with my personal Dr.

On Tues, Feb. 21 st. went back to my clinic, still had what looked like my period, they did a HCG blood test, no pelvic. But scheduled a transvaginal ultrasound for that week Thursday....I found out that my HCG level that week went up to 86!!!! but the ultrasound found nothing in the form of a pregnancy. But they did find a small cyst on my left ovary. This of course had my doctor looking very confused....and me a little irritated...am I or am I not pregnant??? no one seems to know. They are all pointing towards miscarriage or ectopic pregnancy... So they suggested I go get blood work and ultrasounds every week. So I went to get blood drawn again yesterday Tues, Feb. 28th....HCG level went up to 186!!!! But my doctor is still confused because I should be in the thousands if my last LMP was Jan 05. So again, tomorrow I will have my second transvaginal ultrasound to rule out ectopic or miscarriage....

So you see honey, I know exactly what you're going through....And I hope both you and I can laugh at this 8 months from now.....lol. I wish you the very best and just keep going to get your blood work and sonograms....I will let you know how my situation turns out....

Sincerely,
Rosie

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search