Got Some Results Tonight

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 2nd, 2009, 10:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So my doctor's nurse called me at 7:30 tonight which really surprised me since they've never called that late before. She said my latest antibody titer came back positive for the JKA antibody. I haven't had any time to research it since i've been in class all night but I know this one is more serious than my previous antibody that I had with my last pregnancy which was called a BG antibody. Basically I will need to see a Perinatologist and be monitored throughout my pregnancy.

Does anyone here have that particular antibody?
July 10th, 2009, 09:43 PM
mumto6boys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just wanted to say HI....at least 2 of us Jan DDC members here!! I think I told you already, but hope all goes well at the peri. I had to go w/ my last one and it gets frustrating having to go to 2 dr's, but at least the lil bean is getting lots of TLC.

July 11th, 2009, 06:15 AM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
I'm glad you got some results. I don't have any information for you right now, but maybe later on today I will have time to do some academic google searches (my husband had surgery wednesday, so I've been quite busy caring for him).

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

July 11th, 2009, 04:43 PM
It is also called Rautenberg antibody, if that helps your search. Erythroblastosis Fetalis: Abnormalities of Pregnancy: Merck Manual Professional describes what appears to be the most common complication and its treatment, and it does a pretty good job at explaining how it works.

Keep us posted!

July 20th, 2009, 12:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies I have a couple of updates. If you click on my link and go to "My Journal" you can follow our story.
July 20th, 2009, 03:19 PM
Woohoo for having a boy!!!! I'm sorry to hear about the Anti E antibodies, would you like me to dig up info on that from Google?

July 26th, 2009, 04:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccabaltimore View Post
Woohoo for having a boy!!!! I'm sorry to hear about the Anti E antibodies, would you like me to dig up info on that from Google?
That's very sweet of you to offer but my wonderful Peri gave me a ton of literature about the different types of antibodies so I feel pretty familiar with it now. I feel like I almost know TOO much about it now if that makes any sense, lol!
July 26th, 2009, 05:17 PM
Yeah, my OB got frustrated with my googling because I had severe m/s and was constantly digging up obscure medical articles with even more obscure medications for me to try.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search