New - My Story...

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 9th, 2009, 02:06 PM
Hello to all! I’m new here and just wanted to share some information about myself. I am 12 weeks pregnant with my second child. I have several different issues that shouldn’t affect my baby, but they make pregnancy more difficult. I have fibromyalgia, IBS, asthma, chronic sinusitis, migraines, thyroid nodule, lung nodule, degenerative disk, and lumbar back arthritis. My husband and I tried to conceive for a little over a year, and then I was referred to a surgeon for a lipoma in my lower back. The surgeon said to stop trying until the mass was removed; my MRI showed that it looked like a lipoma (fatty tumor) but it was atypical due to being deep and large and it was causing horrible pain. I had it removed at the beginning of March along with much damaged tissue surrounding it; it was baseball sized but thankfully benign! I found out at the end of June that I was pregnant, but I was very worried due to all of the medication I was on. I was taking muscle relaxers, frequent steroid packs and shots, and inhaled steroids, nasal sprays, and Rx pills for sinusitis. I also took seizure meds to control nerve pain and migraines. I was scared to death that all of these medications harmed the baby because I took them for almost two months without knowing. I was also worried since I had a CT scan at the end of April that showed fluid collection around my surgery site and atelectasis along with a nodule in one lung. I intended to follow up with these things as soon as school let out (I am a teacher), but then I found out I was pregnant and figured they wouldn’t be able to do anything about the two.

Anyway…after my first ultrasound at 10 weeks, I was excited to see the baby and to know everything was okay. My doctor called a couple of days later and said there was a cyst next to the umbilical cord blood vessels. He said he didn’t know the significance, but we would talk about it at my next appointment. Of course I worried all over again and in doing internet searching (even though I knew I shouldn’t) I found this forum, which is wonderful by the way! I just went back to my doctor yesterday and he said due to the cyst and all of my other problems, he wants me to see a peri. He did not give an explanation or further information about the cyst, but he did say it could go away on its own.

I’m sorry for the long post; it’s kind of nice to let it all out. We haven’t even told our family about the cyst yet because I am positive that it will not be a big deal, and I don’t want others to worry when there might not be reason to. I have so many questions relating to different issues to ask everyone, but I will wait to make separate posts to save you from reading any more! I appreciate any advice, knowledge, or like experiences! Thank you for listening!
July 9th, 2009, 02:41 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
Well welcome to our board. It is really a wonderfully supportive environment, the ladies here have a lot of wisdom. When is your appointment with the peri? From my (non-medical) understanding, umbilical cysts aren't terribly common (probably why your OB referred you to the peri) but they are often harmless and (like you said) sometimes just go away on their own. We have one other mommy here who has been diagnosed with an umbilical cyst (sunkissed_beachbabe), you may want to PM her.

Welcome and good luck!

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

July 9th, 2009, 02:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on your pregnancy and welcome!

July 9th, 2009, 02:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats and welcome! Hopefully you'll have smooth sailing, but if not we're here for support.
July 10th, 2009, 09:21 PM
Thank you for the information Rebecca; I'm not sure yet when my appointment is. I called my OB's office today because I hadn't heard back, and they said they were waiting on the Peri.'s office. She said I should hear from them for my appointment by next Tuesday, it sounded like I don't get to choose when my appointment is, but I am just anxious to go... Thank you all for the welcome! This seems like a very helpful and supportive forum!
July 11th, 2009, 01:54 PM
crissy2cute's Avatar Regular
Hello Ashley, wish you the best and welcome to the forum.

July 12th, 2009, 10:06 PM
The Katieann's Avatar Jedi Dropout :(
Welcome! Hope all goes well!

Thank you sooo much tasha_mae for my siggy!
July 14th, 2009, 03:40 PM
crissy2cute's Avatar Regular
Again, hello and congrats on your pregnancy...

I have some previous health conditions tht have actually made me high risk, not to mention the new stuff... open cervix since 23 wks, and low AFI that has just returned to normal...

From my personal expereince, try not to strss and over analyize your current health conditions the most important thing is you know them all and you can treat everything accordingly and prepare yourself for any obsticals that may come. This is a huge blessing for all of us and we need to try to enjoy that and eliminate the stress and negative aspects. In my opinion I'm taking each challenge as it comes and going day by day trying to make it past 30...

This site has helped keep my spirits lifted hope it will help you as well!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search