Finally joining.....

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 23rd, 2009, 10:50 PM
lil duckies mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So I have been lurking here for a few weeks now. I did not want to come in here to be honest. I did not want to admit that I was HR.

I quit smoking and apparently had high BP which the smoking was hiding. Then I also find out that I have a blood clotting disorder....actually 3 (one being hereditary).

So I take 3 .5 mg of Clonidine and 25 mg of Atenol. I also have to take 2 60 mg shots of Lovenox every day (in the tummy).

They can not get my blood count to go right. They increase and my blood decreases. Which has us a little concerned. I may have to increase my dosage again.

So I am not as much as a health risk as some, but coming from a pregnancy (10 years ago) having absolutely NO complications it is hard.

Now I find out my little girl is not growing good because I can not eat enough proteins and so forth. Her little belly is about 2 weeks delayed. So now I have to take 100% whey protein twice a day at about 40 mg each.

I feel so alone. No one in my DDC is on the Lovenox. There are a couple with high BP but we don't really talk about it.

So finally I come here.

Sorry it is so long.

Thank you Claire1979!
July 24th, 2009, 07:50 AM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
I'm sorry you are having a rough time. There are a lot of ladies here on Lovenox, and a bunch with HBP (myself included). Which blood clotting disorders do you have? Blood clotting disorders run in my family. If you check out our Condition Specific Resources Sub-Forum, you'll find a lot of HBP and blood clotting disorders information and resources.

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

July 24th, 2009, 08:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Welcome, although I'm sorry you have to join us. We are a pretty tight knit group here and once you post you are a part of it, which means we will track you down to see how you are doing. I have high bp, and take labatalol. I've had great results and fantastic bps because of it. I also have an incompetant cervix.
July 24th, 2009, 09:38 AM
I have Factor V Liden....which is the only one I can remember. It is also the one I was told regardless of the other two would make me have to be on the Lovenox. Then the other two the only thing I know is one is hereditary. And that had I had just the other two it would not be so bad.

A week after I had DD I was put in the hospital for a blood clot. I told the Dr about this (almost 10 years later) and they did tests and found I had these.

They tried to tell me when I was pregnant with DD that I had a protein S deficiency. Which was not true. Apparently the people who tested me were dumb because if you test a pregnant woman she could appear to have it because of the extra blood flow and so forth.

So yea that is basically it. It makes me sad. But as long as I can BF Miss Miabelle when she gets here I am ok. And the Dr said I could so....

Thank you Claire1979!
July 24th, 2009, 11:31 AM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
Definitely check out the resource section, I put a lot there about Factor V Leiden. If I had to guess what the hereditary blood clotting disorder is I would guess MTHFR, that's the most common one.

I'm glad you'll be able to breastfeed, I'm not as lucky unfortunately, I'm on some mood stabilizers that are safe for pregnancy but not breastfeeding.

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

July 24th, 2009, 01:10 PM
I was reading it a bit. Sadly I read so much medical stuff I get bored lol. Ill have to consume it a bit at a time.

Thank you Claire1979!
July 24th, 2009, 02:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hello and welcome!
Don't feel alone! We are here for you. I have factor V leiden and chronic HBP. Though I am not pregnant, when I was I was on the 2 shots a day and 3 doses of aldomet a day. It is not fun at all, but it is so worth it. This place is a wealth of information. I knew no one that had the factor V (other then my dad and brother) until I came here. You can ask anything here, and we are always here if you ever just need to vent.

July 24th, 2009, 04:33 PM
You are already doing better than me. I had no clue what it was til they told me. And I still have no clue to some extent. Will my children get this? Will they get the hereditary one? Both my children will be girls. I do not wish this upon anyone. I wonder how soon I can get them tested for it.

Thank you Claire1979!
July 24th, 2009, 04:50 PM
Vicki...'s Avatar Mommy to Caleb & Ethan
Hi Carol, I see you are here too, I understand how you feel about being kinda left out in our ddc, I am so happy for the girls who don't have issues, but sometimes I feel allot like I just don't belong and when they post about their checkups, I get a lil bit jealous of how normal/good their appointments are, then of course I feel guilty for feeling that way.
Girl I have the high bp issue too, just not the blood clotting issues((((Hugs)))) I know it's hard!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search