spots and dizziness

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 1st, 2005, 10:53 AM
crazylady
ok got a question...i have only been to the dr one time during this pregnancy due to the stupid insurance not transferring from Wisconsin to Illinois (moved back to Illinois after i became pregnant which was about 3 to 4 months ago and it shouldve only taken up to 90 days but ANYHOW)...i have had GD and anemia with my second son and hyperemesis with both my first and second sons...actually i think i had GD with my first too since he came out to be 9 lbs and i had only gained 11 lbs throughout my entire pregnancy but the dr umm didnt seem to agree? anyhow...now i am beginning to see spots (kinda like if you stare into a light and then look around and see blue and green spots)...and feeling quite dizzy...i know that dizziness and fatigue also come along with anemia but i wasnt quite sure if this is also a tell-tale sign of GD...i am gettin QUITE nervous about this pregnancy because i am not sure on how to get a dang dr to see me! i am already like 3000 dollars in debt from previous medical bills (before i had my children) so i cant really afford to just walk into the ER and demand to be seen w/o insurance...i all of a sudden have "popped" and im only 28 weeks...usually when i am pregnant i dont show until a lil bit later (even though my kids were 9 lbs and 10 and a half lbs at birth so go figure)...so im REALLY worried that this kid will be huge...i was able to deliver vaginally but umm im not sure if i could if its 11 or 12 lbs!...dont they usually induce a woman with known GD? if so, why wasnt i induced or something with my second since my first was so large?...i also developed a hernia with my second and i think i am gettin the same thing with this one because i am beginning to have pain and am tender around my mid stomach...i really didnt find anything on the actual symptoms on GD from my web searches so ANY help would be appreciated...(with my second i had no clue that i had GD so maybe it doesnt have any or i was just oblivious to the signs)
March 1st, 2005, 10:59 AM
Veteran
I think you should get to the dr no matter how much you owe for previous medical care. It could be high blood pressure... which can be VERY dangerous for both you and baby.
DD Emily ~ 3/13/03
DD Natalie ~ 4/20/05
March 1st, 2005, 01:12 PM
teacherinlove's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was in the same situation,no insurance and extremely stressed about it. However, I signed up for health care through my state health plan. There are many support places who can get you to see a doctor. I would look into a county health department and they should beable to offer suggestion and help, if not there try department of human/social services. Please see a doctor, your baby is depending on you to keep it healthy. I hope this helps you.

~Marissa~

March 1st, 2005, 02:46 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It sounds more like high blood pressure to me. With Nick I got spots when it was high. I think you need to see a doctor right away. It can be dangerous for you and the baby. What about your local clinic or health department like someone else suggested?

March 2nd, 2005, 08:00 AM
Natural Blessings's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The spots could be low blood pressure, high blood pressure, low blood sugar, GD, Preeclampsia or it could have nothing to do with the pregnancy and be something with your vision like the Vitrous gel in your eyes falling(if you are near sighted it is very common). If you start to see black curtains, get to an optomotrist ASAP because that is your retina detaching and is urgent.

For blood pressure, next time you're in a store with the monitors check it. It won't be completely accurate but it will give you an idea of around where it is.

A large baby does not automatically mean GD which could be why they said you didn't have it with your first. Better diets is leading to larger babies at birth.

Quote:
was able to deliver vaginally but umm im not sure if i could if its 11 or 12 lbs!...dont they usually induce a woman with known GD? if so, why wasnt i induced or something with my second since my first was so large?...[/b]
You don't have insurance, you do not want to be induced. The costs of having a baby in the US are very high, being induced will increase those costs tremendously.

Not all dr's believe in inducing GD babies, there are plenty of women I know who vaginally deliver 11lbs + babies at home with no drugs/interventions. If you trust in yourself you can do it.

A 9lb baby is not huge, these days it's practically average.

Quote:
i also developed a hernia with my second and i think i am gettin the same thing with this one because i am beginning to have pain and am tender around my mid stomach...[/b]
You said you suddenly popped out, chances are it is not the hernia returning but your body stretching/adjusting to the sudden change. It can also be the baby kicking the same spot and bruising it. It is very common in 2nd + pregnancies to have pains like this in your abdomen.

symptoms of GD

Increased thirst
Increased urination
Weight loss in spite of increased appetite
Fatigue
Nausea and vomiting
Frequent infections including those of the bladder, vagina, and skin
Blurred vision

Are there midwives around you that you could get in to see? Often midwives are considerably cheaper than an OB, plus they may barter for other services in lieu of being paid directly.
March 6th, 2005, 08:49 AM
Margaret
Hi,

I agree with the others about getting checked out. It's important for you and your baby.

I don't know where you are in Illinois, but Cook County hospital has to see you.

Also, there is a program called "Access to Care" for people who are temporarily uninsured. It is underwritten by a co-op of doctors who want to help their community, so there usually isn't a ton of red tape. If you call your local library or senior citizen center, they usually have information on the program.

Illinios sponsors the "Kid Care Program" which is health care for children.

There is another program that I am seeing pop up on the net at various pregnancy sites called "Maternity card." I didn't really look into the details, but I did see they accept already pregnant women.

HTH

Take gentle care,
Margaret

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search