question about amnio for lung maturity

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 22nd, 2009, 07:45 AM
Super Mommy
Hi ladies...I don't usually post here, but I am currently pregnant with my third. Due to a past history of PROM and a vertical uterine scar my doctor wants to do an amnio to test for lung maturity. I am so excited and nervous that the results will be immature. I have the test on Thurs morning. I will be exactly 36 weeks and if the results are mature my c-section is already scheduled for the next day. Anyway, I was just wondering if any of you ladies have had this done, how far along were you and what were your results? I am really hoping the test comes back mature so I can meet my new little man on Friday!!!

September 22nd, 2009, 03:23 PM
AK Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
I had an amnio for my second child. I had it about 2 weeks before my due date. I had no trouble from the amnio, his lungs were mature, and they delivered him about 4 days later. It sounds scary but it really isn't all that bad.
September 24th, 2009, 06:28 PM
AliciaF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't had it but due to my issues and my history of fast and early labors I am trying to convince my docs to do the amnio at 36w6d and to induce at 37 weeks if mature!

Good luck!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy Follow us on Facebook

September 26th, 2009, 08:05 PM
mamabeeto3's Avatar Super Mommy
I had my amnio at exactly 36 weeks. The test came back just above mature. Caden was scheduled for a c-sect 2 days later (we already had the schedule due to pre-e/pih). However, Caden was way up under my ribs with his cord wrapped 2x's around him. He had difficulty breathing and although the amnio showed lung maturity he ended up in the NICU on oxygen and then better with just a canula. He was kept for 8 days.

When I had my amnio they had difficulty getting fluid even with the u/s telling them where to poke. Then after they did I ended up contracting for several hoursso they kept me till about 7pm that evening (my test was 9am that morning after meeting with my regular ob - my MFM/peri did th amnio).

Good luck to you and your little one!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search