Question about spotting

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 28th, 2009, 10:14 AM
I'm 7 weeks 5 days with my first pregnancy. I had 2 miscarriages last year and afterwards found out I have MTHFR. I'm on lovenox shots and extra folic acid and vitamin B.

I've noticed I've had a ton of egg white creamy mucus lately (sorry TMI!!) and then today I noticed it was pink. Is this bad, should I be worried. I know spotting is fairly common and I'm trying not to worry about every little thing but have never seen a pinkish color when I wiped before.

My first ultrasound was last week and we did see and hear the heartbeat.

Has anyone else had this?
September 28th, 2009, 10:25 AM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
I actually just went throught this over the weekend. I had a lot of brown spotting and was really freaked out. The doctors said it was nothing serious, but I demanded an exam anyway. Guess who was right - the doctors! And EWCm is pretty common in pregnancy. Here are the types of spotting you have to worry about:

-bright red blood
-heavy bleeding
-bleeding with severe pain and cramping
-bleeding with clots

50% of women who bleed in the first trimester go on to have healthy pregnancies. In my case, I was spotting because DH and I had sex!

But if you are really worried, call the doctor and as for an exam. I'm glad I did, because not only did I find out that everything was okay, I found out I'm having twins!

I have my fingers crossed that everything is okay!

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

September 28th, 2009, 10:29 AM
Thanks! It was such a faint pink so I will see if it gets any darker before I call the doctor.
October 3rd, 2009, 04:03 PM
I can relate,,,,,I just found out I am 6 weeks pregnant and have seen pink tinge about every other time I wipe and today I noticed it was dark pink and lots of mucus, not I wonder if its because we had sex last night......no cramping or anything......but I am 43 so I am high risk and worried

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search