Introduction/Here for subchorionic hematoma (blood clot) at 7.5 weeks....

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 2nd, 2009, 09:27 AM
irunpink's Avatar Sophie
Hi All!

I'm Sophie, I was over at the May '10 DDC, but rebeccabaltimore mentioned this forum so I thought I'd check it out/introduce myself =0). I'm 7.5 weeks and had my second ultrasound yesterday, the doc found a subchorionic hematoma that measures 30 by 22 by 5 mm. Neither the radiologist or reproductive endocrinologist made a big deal about it, but I don't know much about it and I'm not sure if that's considered big or small. The Radiologist said it might be due to a low lying placenta :/...but he said it could move and that it's likely the clot will go away on its own. They didn't mention doing any more monitoring, but in 2 weeks I start going to my regular OBs office (I was seeing the reproductive endocrinologist for PCOS). SIGH! I'm not sure what to do, request another ultrasound soon... and how soon? Is the clot's size significant? I'm confused .

Thank you, *Kiliki*, for my sweet siggy!

October 2nd, 2009, 10:33 AM
AliciaF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had a SCH with my 3rd pregnancy. They're generally measured in cm's instead of mm's so yours would be 3cmx2.2cmx.5cm which isn't large. It's not small either but definitely on the smaller side which is good.

Have you had any bleeding? If you haven't, be prepared, you can and probably will have some bleeding. It can be brown or bright red and as heavy or heavier than a period with or without clots or could just be some spotting.

In my personal opinion docs do not take these things seriously enough at all. While it's true that most of the time they are benign and will go away by the end of the first trimester. But they can also be extremely serious.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy Follow us on Facebook

October 2nd, 2009, 10:36 AM
irunpink's Avatar Sophie
I've had spotting off/on :/. I'm so upset because I called in when the spotting first started weeks ago, I even had cramping, and the nurses said it was normal!! I'll definitely go back if it gets worse.

October 2nd, 2009, 12:42 PM
lilflower
I had a sch with my last pregnancy and miscarried at 10 weeks because it had grown and can cause strong enough contractions to cause a miscarriage. By no means, though, does that mean it will happen to you. With my son (stillborn) I had a SCH that became a partial placental abruption then became larger and hurt him. Small ones are very common and usually don't cause any problems at all. Ask your DR to check on it from time to time and it will most likely fade right away.
October 2nd, 2009, 01:14 PM
irunpink's Avatar Sophie
I'm so sorry for your losses . I can't imagine how difficult that must've been/must be. I am praying like crazy that this goes away.

How often should I get a u/s?

October 3rd, 2009, 09:56 AM
AliciaF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It seems that losses due to SCH are more common than most docs want to admit. My SCH ended with an abruption at 20 weeks.

At your point I would ask for another ultrasound around the 12 week mark or earlier if you have bleeding.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy Follow us on Facebook

October 3rd, 2009, 10:12 AM
lilflower
Alicia is right. SCHs can cause losses. My DR was very worried about mine though, and told me that it was a probability that I would lose my babies.

I would say if your DR isn't particularly worried right now, then you should take it easy. Because it's probably very small to what he usually sees. Good luck and keep us posted.

Definitely ask for him to check on it again in a month. and Thank you.
October 3rd, 2009, 10:19 AM
irunpink's Avatar Sophie
Thanks for the tips, ladies. The thing is, I only saw the reproductive endocrinologist after the ultrasound (I don't know if they have as much experience with this?) I don't see my OB for a few more weeks :/. The radiologist mentioned that the clot might be due to a low placenta (another thing I don't want !).

I'm really just praying through this... the conception itself was a miracle (I only ovulate about 3 times a year because I have polycystic ovarian syndrome). Also, my mom had full placenta previa and it eventually moved on its own; I was born with a hole in my heart and was going to need surgery as a newborn -- but the hole closed. So I'm hoping another miracle will carry me through this, but, unfortunately, I am preparing myself for the worst -- just in case :/.

October 4th, 2009, 01:14 PM
Regular
Hi, I'm also from the May DDC... I found out I have a Subchorionic Hemorrhage two days ago..... Mine is measuring 10mm.... The doc in the ER also did not seem concerned because he said it was very small... His wife had one that measured 50 and now he has a two year old... I am with you though, I am worried sick and I'm so scared that its going to get worse... I really pray for you and your LO... I hope that this goes away..... The bleeding and the cramping scares me so much.... I'm sure you know exactly how I feel.... Take care...
October 4th, 2009, 04:58 PM
irunpink's Avatar Sophie
I'm sorry to hear that . Yeah, yours is about 1 cm...mine was 3 and I seem to be doing better! Cramping has subsided and the spotting is gone (hopefully for good). Thank you for the well-wishes, I wish you the best too. It can be scary but I've read quite a few success stories, so I'm trying to focus on those . Prayers and positive thoughts going your way!

October 8th, 2009, 01:00 PM
Super Mommy
I'm also dealing with a SCH and have had red/pink on the tp constantly since Monday. Even had it gush a bit so there were drips going into the toilet. It is very scary. My Peri didn't have me go on bed or pelvic rest, but I'm going to anyway.

I'm not sure the size of it, but it was the same size as the babies sac (the size of one sac, each baby is in his/her own sac).

Mom to Ashley, Jacob, Joe, Jace and missing Jaren, born still on 6/11/09

excited to welcome our girls born 4/30/2010 !!!

October 9th, 2009, 11:54 AM
irunpink's Avatar Sophie
Hi Kittyshaye,
I'm so sorry . These things suck. Mine was about 3 times the size of the baby at the time, but it seems to be going away! Keep the hope . These things usually go away on their own, especially when they're found this early.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search