Looking for a litle information

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 5th, 2009, 11:41 AM
prev3xthecharm's Avatar Veteran
I introduced myself in Junes due date club..My name is Stephanie I have been married to my husband for 18 years..We have 4 beautiful children ranging from age 13-3..It goes girl ,boy, girl , boy..

My last 2 pregnancies I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes the first one diet controlled the second one insulin controlled.. My annual ob/gyn visit isn't untill the 19th of October we just found out on the 3rd...

My question is do any of you moms with gestational diabetes have your like food suggestions? like what you can and can't eat..I know they will eventually do the glucose test but the last time i got sick they asked me to redo it and i said i would rather test my blood sugar 5x's a day... When Im pregnant I cant go w/o eating or I get the dry heaves and then drinking that drink ,,Yuck my stomach just rumbles(i somehow threw everything out from the nutritionist and want to start off on the right foot maybe avoiding gd this time) lol

If anybody can help I appreciate it..looking forward to getting to know you all

Stephanie (disregard tickers need to make new ones)

October 5th, 2009, 12:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I think if you are eating a well balanced diet, you should be ok. Different foods affect people differently. I find that I can't have a lot of carbs in the morning but am ok with carbs later in the day. Eat plenty of green veggies, small amounts of carbs with meals and healthy portions of lean meats.

controlling portion size has been the best way for me to control my sugars, as well as getting a little bit of exercise each day. I've been on bed rest because of other issues but was recently "released". It is so much more manageable now that I can get up and move throughout the house and do some things. My sugars have been consistently between 90 and 105.

October 5th, 2009, 01:58 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
It's hard to say in a single post what you should or shouldn't be eating, but I would recommend that you try to eat like you did each of the other times you had GD. You want to make sure that when you do eat carbs they are slow acting, like whole grains and vegetables. And try to pair carbs with fats and proteins, to slow their absorption and give you more consistent and stable blood sugar.

I keep cheese and lunchmeat around when I need to eat to prevent morning sickness but my sugar is too high for crackers. I also find that bubbly diet drinks settle my stomach too. Good luck!!

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

October 5th, 2009, 05:35 PM
prev3xthecharm's Avatar Veteran
Thats the funny thing I can't remember how I ate..(i think i blocked it out) I think i remember like no fruit juice and no regular soda but could have as much diet as I wanted..Yuck (now im allergeric to one of the chemicals in diet coke)

and for breakfast it was like those 1 minute sausage links..lol
and i think i remember a snack of graham crackers and milk

Steph

October 5th, 2009, 09:06 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
Here, maybe these sites will help:

Gestational Diabetes Diet
Sample Diet for Gestational Diabetes - LoveToKnow Diet

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search