So how did you handle not-very-happy family members?

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 7th, 2009, 12:32 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
All of my family was thrilled I was pregnant, but most are not-so-happy about there being triplets. Believe me, I know the risks and am more scared than anybody, so their attitudes are infuriating. Can't they just be happy? How did you guys handle unenthusiastic family?

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

October 7th, 2009, 02:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My family was a little negative at first, butthey came around rather quickly. I would just not let it bother you, they will come around eventually. If you need to confront them about it, ask them how they can be excited that you are pregnant, but not that you are carrying more than one. It might make them at least think a little about how silly it is that they are being negative.

October 8th, 2009, 07:23 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry that you are dealing with less-than-enthusiastic family members. That's such a tough situation to be in, especially when you are looking for support from them.

Fortunately for us, this came as such a shock to everyone (including us) that we only got lots of positive feedback. The only "negative" we got was not really a negative as much as it was just a concern for my well being from my dad. He worries so much about me and my health.

The only thing that I can recommend is to demonstrate to the naysayers that you are in control and doing everything that you can to be proactive about your health and the health of your BABIES!!!!

October 8th, 2009, 07:41 AM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
My mom is the worst because guess what she did when I was 13 - she GOT PREGNANT WITH TRIPLETS!!! One of them vanished, but she had twin boys well after her 40th birthday. I just want to say "I don't want to hear it, you did the same flipping thing!!!"

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

October 8th, 2009, 03:08 PM
Super Mommy
My mom has always told me, "You better not get pregnant again!". She worries because of my diabetes (your diabetic too, right?). Thank goodness she was excited about this pregnancy. I think she realized how much losing Jaren hurt us all.

I think the family members, espeically moms, worry about us and how the pregnancy will affect our health. They don't feel the same excitement we do about the babies who are coming. Maybe if she came with you to an ultrasound, it might help her get excited about the babies

Mom to Ashley, Jacob, Joe, Jace and missing Jaren, born still on 6/11/09

excited to welcome our girls born 4/30/2010 !!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search