Introduction (very long)

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 10th, 2009, 05:21 PM
Sally5's Avatar Exhausted Mommy!
(Also posted on Jan 2010 DDC)

Hi, ladies! I know I'm late to the game, but its great to be here! I am married to my high-school sweetheart and we are expecting baby #3 on Jan 21st...if he stays put, but more on that later... None of our children were "planned" but all are loved surprises! I call them our "Graduation Presents" as I was pregnant with our first-born when we graduated high-school. I was pregnant with our second-born when I graduated nursing school and now I'm pregnant with our third and my husband just graduated college with a project management business degree.

Our first-born is our daughter, Morgan. I had preterm labor with her and dilated to 3 cm at around 23 wks, dilated to 5cm by 32 wks, but managed to keep her in until my membranes ruptured at 35 wks. This was managed with bedrest and terbutaline (a tocolytic to stop contractions). She had absolutely no health problems at birth except jaundice and weighed a healthy 6lb 12 oz. Morgan is now almost 9-yrs-old!!!

Our second-born is our son, Jonah. I had no complications with his pregnancy what-so-ever until he ran out of room and had to be induced at 36 weeks. He was born weighing 8lbs 0.5oz...but he did have complications after birth. It wasn't until he was 4 days old that he developed a sucking reflex and he had some respiratory issues classic for preemies. Jonah also suffered from jaundice. He is now a big-for-his-age almost 5-yr-old!

Our third expected child will probably be named Jaxson Christopher. He is due on Jan 21st. We had intentions of not finding out the sex of the baby before he arrived, but baby had other plans! During the first trimester I had a few episodes of bleeding which resulted in several ultrasounds and around 15wks the ultrasound accidentally showed the obvious - the "turtle-sign!" We have pretty much decided on the name Jaxson - it is my mother's maiden name (Axson) with a J on front. Christopher is my husband's first name.

At our 23 wk appointment, we saw a different OB than usual. He measured my fundal height and palpated the baby and suggested the possibility of me having a unicornuate or bicornuate uterus. His reasoning is the IUGR experienced with Jonah and the fact that baby Jaxson (just like his siblings) is entirely on the right side of my abdomen. The left side of my abdomen doesn't even look pregnant when I lay down. This also explains my preterm labor with Morgan.

I had no complications with this pregnancy (except for the bleeding episodes in the first trimester) until this past week. On Thursday I started having regular contractions and a dull low backache. These were every every 5 mins or so for about 45 minutes, but disappeared on their own. I awoke Friday (yesterday) morning to panties full of brown, mucous-like discharge (sorry if TMI). We rushed off to the OB where he did an internal vaginal exam, did a fetal fibronectin (fFN) test, and monitored me on the tocometer for about 15mins. I was not dilated any and didn't show any contractions on the monitor. The OB sent me home on bedrest and to wait on the fFN results. The results came back negative (this can mean that I have less than 1% chance of going into labor in the next 2 weeks, but not always). I started having contractions every 10 minutes again last night for about 2 hrs but they also went away on their own. I again awoke to panites full of brown, mucous-like discharge - but even more today than yesterday. I notified the OB who had me go into the hospital to OB assessment. They connected me to the tocometer which did show that I was having contractions this time. Thankfully, based on an internal exam and transvaginal US, my cervix has not had any changes but they could not rule out a small degree of placental abruption. I was sent home on bedrest for the weekend and terbutaline 3 times a day- the same treatment used when I was pregnant with Morgan. I walk about 5 miles throughout the hospital each day Monday through Friday and asked the OB about continuing to walk so much for work, etc. He said that unless I have further complications this weekend that I should be ok to return to work on Monday. I am extremely worried about this as I have not stopped having contractions or the discharge all day. When I took my first dose of terbutaline it seemed to make the contractions more erratic, but now they are back full force and 10 mins apart like clockwork but its not time for my next dose of terbutaline...and it scares me because they are hurting in my back, too (classic of preterm labor). I guess I will call my OB if it continues before it gets too late...I'd rather bother him for nothing than risk baby Jaxson's life...

Anyway, that's me and this pregnancy so far. I figured it was time to reach out and find a community of other ladies with a due date close to my own so that I can have a support group through all of this. A pregnancy forum was my only link to sanity when I was going through this with Morgan!

~~~~~~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search