Vistaril?

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 9th, 2009, 02:46 PM
fibigrey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to fibigrey
Hi everyone! I was just wondering how many here have used or are using vistaril to relax their uterus?

My doctor just prescribed me this, because last night I was having contracts, the most being 3 in an hour..The contractions subsided for the most part, but I've still been left with achey cramps in my lower abdomen and back.. Its not awful, just more of an uncomfortable ache.. He prescribed this through a phone consultation and told me if my acheyness/cramps don't go away within 4 hours of taking the medication to go to labor and delivery to be evaluated...

Some background, I am 22wks1day pregnant, I have a cerclage, and I also have marginal placenta previa.. I am on bed rest, and well, your usual high-risk routine.

I was just wondering who has used this, if it has helped, and what sort of effects I could expect? I read that it causes drowsiness.. I am so leary of taking medications while pregnant, I absolutely hate it
December 9th, 2009, 05:42 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
My mother took it for morning sickness almost 20 years ago. I myself have taken it, but not in pregnancy. It gets rid of nausea but does make you sleepy. I was unaware that it was used to treat contractions, but I honestly don't know that much about tocolytics, the drugs used to stop contractions. I am hoping it works for you, you have enough on your plate already!

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

December 24th, 2009, 08:27 AM
Baby3OnItsWay's Avatar Super Mommy
I take vistaril for m/s, I do notice that I get very relaxed and sleepy from it. I suppose the relaxation piece is what they are aiming for.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search