First Pregnancy and Very Confused/Nervous!!

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 7th, 2010, 05:53 PM
ABenitez422's Avatar Member
This question is more like an essay so I apologize in advance. Please know that I am new to this pregnancy thing and I'm freaking out a little bit. Anyone who has went through this or knows anyone who has, your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Okay, here's a little background info: my husband and I have been TTC for about 2 years. I had an HSG test done in August and I was told by the doctor that I had a perfect anatomy and my fallopian tubes were fine.

My LMP was Dec 2nd and on Dec 30th, I was experiencing a tiny bit of light brown spotting which happened for the next 2-3 days. The spotting was not enough for a pad, and I either saw a small stain on my underwear or saw it when I wiped. I also experienced (and continue to experience) menstral-like cramping and thought that it was just my period on its way.

I took a HPT (ClearBlue) on Tuesday, Jan 5th with my first morning urine and it came positive! I was still feeling on and off menstral-like cramps but no more spotting. Later on in the day, I began to feel a bit nervous from the cramping and being that I work in a hospital, I took a trip to the ER to find out what was going on. I gave a urine sample and they took blood. The urine sample came back negative but the blood test came back positive with an hCG level of 20.5. The doctor proceeded to tell me that I was about a week pregnant (I didn't even know that it was possible to detect a pregnancy at just one week) =/. He also did a pelvic exam and said there was no blood in the cervix...which is a good sign.

Yesterday, I went to see my OB-GYN and they took blood to test my hCG and progesterone levels. She also sent me to get an ultrasound to rule out an ectopic pregnancy. They didn't see anything in the ultrasound. I'm not sure if it is too early to tell or if it is in fact a tubal pregnancy and I am very very nervous.

The cramps that I am experiencing are not constant and they are not unbearable. It feels like I'm going to get my period any minute. They are not on a specific side either. The only other pregnancy symptoms I am experiencing so far is headaches, backaches, fatigue, cramps and some white/clear discharge. No morning sickness yet.

UPDATE:
I just recieved my blood test results today from yesterday. My hCG level is now at 35 compared to 20.5 from two days earlier. From this, my doctor says that I am about 2 weeks pregnant.

My progesterone is 4.3. Is this too low for 2 weeks or should it be higher? My doctor said she will start me on a supplement or suppository next week if it doesn't increase but I'm nervous about something happening to my baby before then!! =\

Also- I have a history of ovarian cysts. Any chance that my cysts could be causing this cramping?

Again, I apologize for writing so much but as you probably could imagine, I'm a nervous wreck. I am doing anything I can to keep my baby safe because it took my husband and I so long to get here. Thanks in advance for all your help.
January 7th, 2010, 07:09 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
I am going to be honest, I am not an expert in early pregnancy stuff. But I know who is - the girls over at Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance. I am a member of that board, and let me tell you, the ladies there really know what they are talking about. I recommend that you cross-post this thread over there, they will have lots of advice for you.

I can tell you that this early, there is not much you can do to help the baby, he's really doing his thing on his own. Cramping and bleeding can be normal pregnancy signs, so you may not have anything to worry about. I took progesterone with both my pregnancies, it's useful and it certainly can't hurt.

KUP posted on what the TTCMA ladies have to say!!!

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

January 7th, 2010, 07:23 PM
ABenitez422's Avatar Member
Thanks so much, I really appreciate it. I will be posting over there shortly : )
January 7th, 2010, 09:06 PM
AliciaF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well, you'd technically be about 4 weeks pregnant but probably only 1-2 weeks post conception. There is a difference! Your HCG sounds pretty close to where it should be, when would you have started your period? I'll be honest though, the progesterone is low. It should be over 10. I would ask for a supplement now, not later.

The cramping is completely normal. The cramping is probably your little bean nestling snugly into the uterine lining. The spotting was probably implantation bleeding.

It's also normal that they didn't see anything on US yet at this point. In another week or so a pregnancy should be visible in the uterus.

Good luck!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy Follow us on Facebook

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search