Such a production to leave the house

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 11th, 2010, 02:00 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
I'm very grateful I can leave the house, I am always worried about bedrest, but between being pregnant and diabetic it is such a production to get out the door. I have to make sure I have packed:

1. Diabetes pack - 2 extra pumps, insulin, syringes, alcohol wipes
2. Food - several sugar snacks for lows, regular food for when I'm hungry
3. Water - at least 32 ounces since I'm always ALWAYS thirsty
4. Go pee twice, since I always have to pee
5. Other random meds - for heartburn, gas, headache, lactaid
6. A book for all the hours I spend in doctor's waiting rooms
7. Pads - my spotting has stopped but it has faked me out in the past.
8. Carb counting book so I can eat right if I have to eat out.
9. Insulin pump controller, test strips, glucometer - I'm ****** if I forget these three.

I have everything down to a system and it still takes me 20 minutes from when I'm "ready", and now that I have to bring all that crap I am constantly forgetting other major things, like cell phone, keys, wallet - sometimes I get to work without my laptop and have to turn back around.

I miss the old days when I could just grab my purse and leave. I mean, I have to do all of this just to run to the drug store!!!!

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

January 11th, 2010, 02:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
It will only get worse once your little guy gets here. I cannot count how many times I loaded Stella and all of her gear up and forgot my own purse!

I now keep a bag ready to go for Stella. That way I can just grab it and go. Everything I might need for her while we are out is in there. Would it be feasible for you to do the same for yourself? It makes things so much easier.

Last edited by emsketch; January 11th, 2010 at 02:48 PM.
January 11th, 2010, 05:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I was going to suggest the same thing. Pack a bag for yourself like you would a diaper bag and leave as much as you can in the bag. Then think of it like practice for after your LO is here.
January 11th, 2010, 06:03 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
Maybe I'll buy the diaper bag I registered for now and just use it for myself til the baby gets here.

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

January 11th, 2010, 11:46 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
You're amazing for remembering it all! I would probably forget 99% of the items!

January 13th, 2010, 11:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh wow...

I guess it is good practice for when you have to lug all the baby's gear around. I would totally use a diaper bag right now, lol. There are some cute ones out there that just look like regular bags anyway.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search