Nurse's Appt today and some infor

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 18th, 2010, 05:02 PM
heathernoel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So DH and I went to the high risk office today. We sat with the nurse for a couple of hours, and we did a very thorough interview. She was very niche, and tried to help me understand the dr. rotation crap. I still don't buy it, but I DO feel more confident in their ability to relay impt. information from one dr. to the other.

I explained to the nurse about my anxiety and mental health issues. I know that pregnancy is exaggerating the feelings that are already there, but the anxiety is so bad that I haven't been able to rest at all. I've been catnapping for the last two days, which isn't good.

I have to see what I can do...if I wasn't the sole provider right now, I'd readily admit that I need a medical leave until these issues are under control.

I see the dr. next week, and then they will decide on a course of action.

Rebecca...they are sending me for genetic counseling and MFM. We got genetic counseling after we lost Jonah...that info wouldn't change, would it? In a few months?
January 18th, 2010, 06:01 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
No, it wouldn't change (which is why we didn't repeat the counseling we had after losing Ethan), but sometimes different practices want to redo things like tests and ultrasounds and counseling for themselves, I guess they want to make sure everything is done right. The only thing that might be different is your age - if you crossed the 35 year mark between Jonah and now, the genetic risks change a bit. But if everything is the same and you feel confident in your prior counseling, you could always ask to skip the new appointment.

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

January 18th, 2010, 08:04 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I'm glad you had a thorough interview with the nurse!

January 19th, 2010, 02:02 PM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad you did a thorough interview - and that you'll be planning a course of action!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search