Sex and Cerclage?

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 19th, 2010, 05:30 PM
fibigrey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to fibigrey
Alright ladies.. For those of you who have/had cerclage:

My husband and I got the "OK" to have sex today.. I did have a low-lying placenta, and even before we knew about that, husband and I were uncomfortable having sex anyways. I was always either in pain, or he was just too scared. Doc says its okay since I have been measuring REALLY good, and as long as we wear a condom.

Well, needless to say, after not having sex for about 4 months, husband is still a "bit" uncomfortable with the idea, but is willing to give it a try if the doc says okay LOL

You all should've seen us in the condom isle today! ha! Its been so long since we've had to buy condoms! AND think about the pregnant girl walking up to the checkout with a pack of condoms and some lube! LMAO.. I wonder what the checkout lady thought..

Heres my question to you ladies:

How many of you have had sex with cerclage? Any problems arise out of it? Any discomforts? Any of you have doctors that say no way? I am really nervous, but DH said he'd be really easy and gentle... I didn't think it would be such a big deal for me to holdout on sex this long.. (DH I could see) but really, I want sex too.. I don't want the next time we have sex to be when I have a completely new vagina :x

x-posted
January 19th, 2010, 06:04 PM
sunnikim's Avatar Super Mommy
I've had a cerclage since 18w5d (I'm 35w2d now) and was told intercourse is off limits while the cerclage is in. I am/was also at risk for preterm labor, so that played a factor as well. I suppose every situation is different and you do what you feel is best. I visit another forum for incompetent cervix where quite a few women have cerclages & it seems the majority of their doctors advise no intercourse as well.
Emergency cerclage placed 18w5d & on bedrest; removed 36w1d

January 19th, 2010, 06:17 PM
fibigrey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to fibigrey
I have seen that as well! A high majority say no sex.. I have never actually had pre-term labor, and my cervix has been measuring 3.5..
January 19th, 2010, 07:37 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
My cousin couldn't have sex, but they put her cerclage in too late and it wasn't working too well.

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

January 20th, 2010, 02:06 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
a lot of what i've read online is that the recommendation is no sex

January 21st, 2010, 01:04 PM
lilflower
I can't have sex either....
January 21st, 2010, 02:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I wouldn't risk it.
January 22nd, 2010, 09:55 AM
highriskmommy's Avatar Bedrest Mommy
I had my Cerclage placed at 13+ weeks and I was also told no sex until the Cerclage comes out.

A few reasons why I was told no is because....
1)Risk for infection
2)Not all Cerclages are made of soft material, some are thick and hard and can actually rip/scratch skin on the penis.
3)Orgasm's can cause the uterus to contract.

The great news is that you only have less then 12 weeks to go before your Little one is here and even less then that till your stitch comes out. I would honestly try to hold out.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search