We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to email@example.com.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
Well, I am now high risk. My name is Katy and I am on the March 2010 board. I JUST found out yesterday that my amniotic fluid was really low and i was admitted into the hospital. They still have not decided wether or not my water broke. The baby is growing perfectly. He is almost 4lbs at 31weeks which is slightly more than what a 31 weeker should be....which leads me to believe that it did leak and it not be a problem with my placenta....i would think if the placenta wasn't working well then he wouldn't be so healthy. Anyhoo, I am waiting to see the doctor in the next few minutes so she can give us the verdict. She said last night that either way i wasn't going home but the doctor who did my sonogram said my fluids increased back to a normal level and he acted like it was no big deal. supposedly normal fluid level is 12 and mine went down 4 then after a night of fluids it went up to a 9. But if she decides to keep me here (which she probably will due to risk of infection) they will do a c-section when I get to 35 weeks. So, 3 1/2 weeks from now no matter what my baby James will be here....it has been hard already because i have a 4 yr old girl at home who I miss terribly already! Anyhoo, i am now on bedrest from now until feb 16th so I hope to get to know you girls!
Welcome to the high risk board - though I'm sorry you have reason to be here!!!! I'm glad you're being monitored closely - and as hard as it must be, being away from your little one (trust me, I'm already sad about being away from my DD when I give birth!), at least you're in the best possible place, incase something does happen...
I'm Emma (26), DD is Gaby (3) & I'm 18w3d pregnant with #2. I am high risk, due to having epilepsy
I'm your host Rebecca and I'm high risk for diabetes, but I know a lot about amniotic fluid issues from my last pregnancy. Being in the hospital sucks and I'm sorry your stuck there, but amniotic fluid can really surprise you - one of our members earlier this year was down to about a 3, but got it back up over 9 in just 2 weeks (she was only 23 weeks when she developed the fluid issue), got released from the hospital, and delivered a healthy, full term girl! The doctors will pump you full of fluids and it can make a huge difference. They can even add fluid back into your placenta with amniocentesis - we almost did that for my son but we found out he had other problems.