Thin Uterus

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 10th, 2010, 06:31 AM
navy_wife's Avatar Tasha
I have decided to post here to see if any of you lovely ladies can help me out.

I had twins 19 months ago that I carried for 36 weeks. When I delivered My MD told me that my uterus was so thin he could see through it and if I ever got preggo again I would have to be monitored very closely and it would be high risk. My ex-husband said he remembers the MD saying not to have another because it would kill me, but I don't remember that part. I found out about 2 weeks ago that I am now pregnant with twins again and I live in a different state so I will have a different MD.

I have been trying to look it up online but unable to find anyone with the same situation. I have found some moms that have a thin uterus and had a singleton but no twins. I AM SCARED TO DEATH!!!! I don't want to terminate the pregnancy because I don't believe in it but I also need to survive this pregnancy for my other children.

Any thoughts or experiances??

TIA

Thank you so much to Alexaiden mommy for my beautiful siggy!!!!
March 10th, 2010, 08:51 AM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
Hi, I'm your host Rebecca! I don't have any info off of the top of my head, but when I get home from work I will do some research in medical journals for you.

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

March 10th, 2010, 09:16 AM
Mama Chemist 73's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'd check with your new MD to see if he/she has heard of the condition. Sometimes Dr's make comments they shouldn't make and they turn out to be just that - comments. I don't have any experience with this so I can't help. I just wanted to offer support.

My Ovulation Chart
March 10th, 2010, 09:45 AM
navy_wife's Avatar Tasha
Thanks ladies!!! I appreciate it

March 10th, 2010, 04:48 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
From what I can find, the uterus is always at least a little thin during labor, and is at least a little thicker during pregnancy. The major risk appears not to be carrying the babies but labor, one site said that if they do a c-section before labor starts you are far less likely to rupture (ObGyn/Pregnancy issues: thin uterus after c-sections, scar tissue, spontaneous rupture). I saw one non-scientific website mention bedrest, but with twins you'll probably be on some kind of bedrest at some point anyway.

So it looks like the standard thing to do in this situation is monitor you and the babies closely for distress and have a planned c-section before labor starts.

I am high risk and closely monitored and it's not so bad, I'd rather be low risk but I am happy to see my baby a lot and I'm reassured to know that his health is so closely followed.

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

March 10th, 2010, 06:01 PM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
looks like Rebecca found some good info for you -- i wish i had some insight but i don't. Def talk to your new OB about your concern though....that way they can check and monitor you.
March 11th, 2010, 07:59 AM
navy_wife's Avatar Tasha
Thanks ladies, You guys are great!!

March 11th, 2010, 11:57 AM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
welcome to the board! I would def. talk to your new doctor asap - more for your reassurance than anything!!!! I would think the big risk with a 'thin uterus' would be the potential for uterine rupture closer to the end, and would imagine you'd probably be closely monitored, and that they'd posssssibly recommend a c/s over a vaginal birth?

March 12th, 2010, 03:46 PM
Hi...I am not pregnant with twins, but I am 32 weeks, and have a thin uterus. I have had 3 previous sections. My last one was in April of 08. When my dr was delivering her, he told me my uterus was very thin, and I shouldn't have any more children. Well...that didn't happen! I have been seeing a high risk doctor since the beginning of this pregnancy. I am scheduled to have my section at 36 weeks. I was scheduled at 37 weeks, but the high risk doc said that once you get to 37 weeks, you have a 20% chance of uterine rupture. I am worried about rupture just due to growth. I would imagine you will be monitored very closely, and put on bedrest. Personally, I would not terminate the pregnancy either...I think everything happens for a reason. I would see about getting all of your records from your old doc to give to the new one so he knows what the situation is. When I first told my doc I was pregnant, he said he wasnt concerned in the early months, but as the uterus streches, and the further along you are, the higher the risk. I have had other problems besides a thin uterus, so I see my high risk doctor once a week for ultrasounds. I am having an amnio done on the 12th of April, and if her lungs are strong enough, I will be having her then. I hope everything works out for you, and may God Bless you and all of your beautiful children! Good Luck!
May 24th, 2011, 06:59 PM
Hi Navy Wife. I have some experience in this area. If you would like to talk let me know or give me your email address and i will get back in touch with you. It is a scarey situation that you are in I know as I am in the same situation basically but I am 36 weeks today. my name is Theresa
February 15th, 2012, 10:05 PM
Hello Navy Wife. I have twins with my first pregnancy which I didn't found out I was having twins until I was 5 months. I had a c-section. My surgeon did tell me that it was a scary day during my surgery and my uterus was abnormal because it was very thin and it was see thru like looking through a window. She told me to not have any more babies and that it can cause my life.

I did cry for a long time and my twins are now 3 years old. I went back and requested an ultra sound and was told my uterus is normal lining. I did a lot of research as well and with close monitoring and an early scheduled c-section it can be safe but I am still very scared from my last c-section.

I do have a high chance of having twins too in the future since both myself and my husband have twins in our family. How are you doing? I just joined this forum and came upon your blog.

Thanks.
March 5th, 2012, 09:00 PM
Hi! I know that the posts here are older. I was wondering though if anyone has had a successful pregnancy/labor/delivery AFTER being told that they have a very thin uterus? My doc told me during my 3rd c section that my uterus was really thin and not to have any more kids. But I want one more. If you've had a successful pregnancy after hearing the same info, could you let me know? How far along were you when you delivered? Did you deliver before you went into labor to prevent rupture? Any info would be appreciated. Thank you so much.
October 17th, 2012, 08:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wantafourth View Post
Hi! I know that the posts here are older. I was wondering though if anyone has had a successful pregnancy/labor/delivery AFTER being told that they have a very thin uterus? My doc told me during my 3rd c section that my uterus was really thin and not to have any more kids. But I want one more. If you've had a successful pregnancy after hearing the same info, could you let me know? How far along were you when you delivered? Did you deliver before you went into labor to prevent rupture? Any info would be appreciated. Thank you so much.

I had googled thin uterus and this thread came up. I am curious as well to how things are going now with you ladies. Wantafourth did you go on to have another? I just had my third and I was also told to be done because my uterus was pretty thin. It makes me sad to think I am done, but I don't want to risk my life or a babies life to have another. I am curious as to how things went with all of you.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search