Update on me

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 27th, 2006, 01:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well I've had an evenful past few days. Tuesday the doc came in and told me that I didnt have pre-e but 'gestational hypertension' , the first step to pre-e. He says he feels sure I'm well on my way to being and pre-e case. Nothing can be done at this point because it hasnt gotten bad enough but probably will the farther along I get. Wed. I went to the doc office. Everything w/ my cervix looks pretty much the same. Theres no longer any funnel, it's now completly open on the inside and Connor has wedged his head right in there. There's literally nothing, I guess besides the lining of the water bag, between him and my cervix. The bottom part is still closed and measuring 1.77cm. The doctor started talking about sending me at home 32weeks. I'll just be honest, I'm not to into the idea. I mean of course it'd be nice but I just feel like I've came waaaaaaay too far to risk anything at this point. I think the pre-e scares me more than my cervix now. Cervical stuff is pretty cut-and-dry, I have the baby now or later. But I didnt realize that pre-e can be like deadly to him and me. And then my doc makes this smart comment yesterday... " Well, I can see we're not going to make you happy until you're holding a healthy baby." wow, glad to see they gave me the genius. I just wish June was here! Now I'm just praying God will work everything out whether it be that I go home or not, whatever is best.

But on a better note, I get to see what he weighs next week. The last time they done his measurements was on the 12th and he was 3lbs2oz then.

April 27th, 2006, 02:17 PM
Veteran
What a roller coaster you've been on. Your right the cervix is one thing but the pre-e is quite another. I don't understand how they say that you "may" get pre-e. Everyone may get some medical condition pregnant or not... but they shouldn't tell you that until they are sure. Uggghh. Don't stress too much because that just isn't good for the baby. I'll bet he is weighing over 4 pounds now. They gain weight so fast in this last trimester. Isn't there a regular L&D by where you live? I know you did say you didn't care for the hospital by you... but... the L&D by me isn't super high tech but they can stabilize a baby and transport them to the other hospital. Maybe ask your doctor about that. And isn't there four people in the practice at the hospital you are at? Talk to one of the others about this whole thing.

I will say I am nervous about being home and still only being 30 weeks but I feel great. So much better than I did in the hospital. I'm more relaxed, my uterus feels more relaxed, much fewer contractions. But then again I don't have to worry about this whole pre-e thing. Good luck with everything and keep us posted!

Hugs, Kim
April 27th, 2006, 04:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yea, there's a labor and delivery at the hospital at home, but all they deal w/ is 37+wks babies. Plus even at this point I'm pretty much facing either induction or c-sec when/if I get to full term because if my b/p goes up during labor, his heart rate goes down fast. They could stabilize and transport but think about the time difference... If I'm here and go into labor I push my red button and either have my stitch taken out and have him or possibly have an emergency c-sec and the nicu is 2 1/2 mins away. If I'm home we make the trip to the hospital and go through the same deal, but, they cant call for the 'angel unit' (what they transfer high risk babies in) until he's born. So thats 2 hours to get to the hospital and 2 hours to get back here. I'm deffinatly going to talk to one of the other docs before I go home, probably the one that wouldnt let me leave the last time. I'm tryin not to worry because thats at least a week and a half away and who know, Connor may show up tonight. I'm glad to hear you're doing good at home. I know you're so happy to be there! How often are you going to the doc now?

April 27th, 2006, 05:32 PM
Veteran
Wow, I didn't realize you'd have to be induced or c-section... and it would be four hours for him to get to the NICU??? That is insane. Here they will take babies by ambulence so tops it would be 40 minutes. I guess you probably are in the best place but I know hard to be there. Home is great but I'll feel much better when I get to 32, 33 weeks. I have a doctor's appt tomorrow so I have to go down the stairs from my room. I came up stairs when I got home, took a long time because I was so weak and scared to climb them. But have stayed upstairs since I got home and coming up was terrifying! I'm supposed to go for non stress tests twice a week starting May 8th but they want me at the Peri's office which is insane because that is two hours round trip as opposed to 10 minutes round trip at my ob. There is no reason I can't be monitored here and send the results to them so I'm going to ask my OB tomorrow. Well hang in there and know that you are at a great point no matter what. My last baby came at 32 weeks and she did great. I can't wait to hear how big your little guy is now!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search