Does anybody have high blood presure at 16 weeks

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 30th, 2006, 10:51 AM
They started me on medication at 7 weeks . But it has not gone up or down.Just stayed the same.It makes me worry because with my other 2 children they had to take them early.
May 1st, 2006, 05:24 AM
Hi, I have had three pg and each one my BP has gotten worse. This 3rd preg i was on meds before even getting pg for HP so no surprise I am on them. It took awhile to find the right combo of drugs to work for me for this pg because the pills I was taking pre-preg were a NO NO for pregnancy. Plus. I had to convince them that a normal BP for me was not the same as for somebody else. I am finally feeling GOOD and its because my BP is at a good number for me and my body.

I have had both my 2 other preg induced prior to my due date due to the HP and they have been the healthiest of babies and to this day, the healtiest of kids. You have to be more careful of course and I was put on bedrest my 3rd trimester but as long as you are being watched and monitored, it happens quite frequently in pg.

Right now I am taking 2 different kinds of meds 2x a day and know that it will continue to increase as I gain in weight and more fluid in my body. My body doesnt handle the extras very well. I do monitor my BP myself daily to check to see if I need to increase my meds.....I know when my BP has gotten high and I need another pilll thrown in there.

If you havent seen any affects yet, could be they just dont have you on the right dosage.......I think near the end I was taking BP pills 6x a day to try and keep it level.......

good luck
May 3rd, 2006, 07:05 PM
meganwi77's Avatar Super Mommy
I had HBP prior to my pregnancy and was on meds for it then. When I got pregnant they switched me to a med that was safe for me to take. Through the first part of the pregnancy the numbers pretty much just stayed the same and then at like 28 weeks they started climbing, so they upped my med (same medication, just a different stregnth) in anticipation for the last couple months because that is when they were concerned. I had several biophysical u/s and non-stress tests done towards the end and also had probs with headaches. My mom is a nurse and she was instructed to take my BP twice a day in order to monitor me so I didn't have to be admitted for it. I was also put on partial bedrest at 30 weeks and then complete bedrest at 36 weeks. My doctor stripped my memebranes to try to start labor at 38 weeks and my water ended up breaking 2 days later and I ended up having a c-section due to lack of progress. I am still on my meds now. My advice is to take it easy and drink alot of water. I really watched my activities and tried to sit in a recliner with my legs up whenever I could. Good luck and I hope everything goes okay with you!!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

May 15th, 2006, 06:52 PM
DomesticGoddess's Avatar Regular
I had low BP while pregnant with my daughter and passed out while driving etc.

So when I was pregnant with my son Max and @ 12 weeks I went for a checkup they found my BP was 160/110 or something around that, they rushed me to hospital. I was freaking out and didn't know what was going on. They kept me in for a few days to make sure the meds they had started giving me were working etc and did a few other tests.

They couldn't find anything at all wrong, just that my BP was high. A few times through the pregnancy I had small amounts of protein in my urine, but nothing serious. But because my BP kept getting higher and higher, even though I was medicated, they kept putting me in hospital for days at a time.

That was very hard as I was, from 7 weeks pregnant with Max, a single mum with a toddler, I had to get sitters etc. Was a nightmare.

All was good in the end, had a gorgeous baby boy with no complications from HBP (I did hemmorage - but probably not from BP), although unfortunately I am STILL on BP meds.

Since a few weeks ago, I have taken control of my life, am dieting, have quit smoking and have quit drinking Coke (caffeine bad for HBP), they have changed my meds as it wasn't working and I am feeling great.

Heidicasashand3 - did you have HBP with your others kids too? Did you have it before kids?

I am still unsure what causes it. My doc told me it was my weight, is that the only reason???

</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search