Possible Ectopic Preg, Please help.

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 10th, 2010, 11:06 AM
Hi all,

First off my husband is in the Army so we're dealing with tricare here and they won't even let me see a doctor til the 25th of this month and I am already 6 weeks pregnant. I took 4 tests over a course of a few days and they were all pos. I had the regular signs, nausea, missed period, etc. My only concern is that I have been cramping everyday since. It started out mild and from what I've read it was a normal sign. But this past weekend I have felt very off...My preg symptoms have gone away and now I am cramping very badly on my left side, my lower back is killing me and I feel so weak and dizzy...I could hardly get out of bed these past three days. I also started bleeding last night and very light through this morning until I had a Bowel Movement and I cramped so hard it reminded me of my IBS stomach pain except it was a little lower. Also with this BM I bleed a lot more and it was a much brighter color. From what I've researched a little it seems like an Ectopic, but this is my first Pregnancy and I honestly have no idea what to think...I definetly feel as tho something is wrong but I just wanted to ask you ladies and get some real advice, as DR's always seem to dismiss what I have to say. Please help me!
May 10th, 2010, 11:36 AM
Regular
The doctor will see you based on these symptoms, definitely. Just report the heavy cramping, and vaginal bleeding. If they won't, go to an emergency room. They will probably do an ultrasound. The bleeding doesn't necessarily mean you've miscarried but it does sound scary and the pain as well.

Most OB/GYNs I've heard of don't see pregnant women until 8-10 weeks along, unless there is a suspected ectopic or other extenuating circumstance/concern. Call your provider right away, though, and if they say they *won't* see you I would seek emergency care to be safe.
May 10th, 2010, 01:03 PM
Wee3monkeys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I second what Erica said! Good luck! Go see a Dr, somewhere, anywhere.

May 10th, 2010, 01:24 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
the doctor NEEDS to see you, based on those symptoms!

I had an ectopic pregnancy in 2007, and didn't actually experience any of the pain type symptoms, but ultrasounds continued to show no pregnancy in the uterus - or in the tubes, or anywhere else.. eventually I needed exploratory surgery & they found the pregnancy in my right tube.

I hope you are able to be soon ASAP, because if you do have an ectopic, it can get very dangerous, very quickly......

good luck

May 10th, 2010, 02:42 PM
heathernoel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
*cough*complainofshoulderpain*cough*

My sister had an ectopic with heavy cramping, etc. She also had pronounced pains shooting down her arms, which were, according to her dr., sure signs of something going wrong.

Maybe with all of that they'll see you in a hurry.
May 10th, 2010, 02:56 PM
Momtourage's Avatar Veteran
Lurking from the July DDC ----You should go to the ER if you cannot see a doctor. I too suffered an ectopic. If it ruptures, it can be extremely dangerous. I know you are scared, I remember that feeling too. But you have to take care of yourself and if this has happened, you will recover very soon. But you MUST be seen by the doctor! My doctor told us we could try again after only a couple of months. You're in my T&P. Please let us know what happens.
May 11th, 2010, 07:38 AM
nikki52687's Avatar Super Mommy
I agree, go to the ER if they wont see you, it is nothing to play around with, and it really does sound like that could be going on. Please get it checked out right away.
May 11th, 2010, 08:05 AM
Ilovbnamomx3's Avatar Mommy to 4 boys
I had a ruptured ectopic in Dec.. you should go to ER. Even my ob missed mine. It is very dangerous and painful. You should get to ER.
May 18th, 2010, 12:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
i never had a tubal, but are you sure your not lossing the baby with the bleeding, cramping backpain. I hope nothing is wrong and bean is fine, but i would forget about the doctor and go right to the er.

Tags
bleeding , cramping , ectopic , pain

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search