Root Canal Pregnant

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 21st, 2005, 06:29 PM
Jenni's Avatar Super Mommy
If the tooth is saveable, have the root canal done. Just ask for no epinephrine in the anesthetic.
March 21st, 2005, 10:08 PM
Regular
Send a message via Yahoo to mommytojace
they shouldnt do the whole root canal....they didnt on me...they just made the paing go away and told me to come back after the baby was born to finish.
April 1st, 2005, 11:02 AM
Veteran
http://www.dentalfind.com/Root_Canal_During_Pregnancy/
here is some info that might help reassure you, it helped me, i was also told to check with ob

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">
</a>

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">
</a>
April 23rd, 2005, 08:05 AM
DavidandJaidonsmomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I went to school for dental assisting, but I am not currently doing that (SAHM). You have to have meds with a root canal and I am not sure if they have come up with a med safe during pregnancy, but your dentist has to have permission from your doctor to do the root canal. So discuss it with your doctor. All pregnant women should have dental checkups while pregnant though, b/c your teeth and gums are really sensitive during this time...you can have fillings done but a root canal is pushing it. Best of luck...never have had a root canal myself, but the patients I worked with didnt seem to fond of them.

Bree - Mom to David - 10 & Jaidon - 8
Baby#3:
Beta 4/25 @ 16dpo 622 4/29 @ 20dpo 2013
10wk hb 172

May 9th, 2005, 09:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am getting a root canal done in a few weeks. My tooth has been hurting off and on for quite a while, and I cannot stand the pain it gives me, the root canal is better than all the drugs I would be reaching for.

Also, being pregnant, you want to keep your teeth and gums in good shape, there is a link between dental health and premature rupture of your membranes.
May 10th, 2005, 12:13 AM
Veteran
you can hae the root canal done as long as your OB is okay with it.. I wound up having 3 while I was pg. They will NOT pull any teeth while you are PG. You cannot have gas while you are pg either. Other than that it is perfectly safe.. Tehy will probably moniter your BP while you are having the work done.. Atleast mind did. Once you are numb the root canal doesnt hurt.
May 10th, 2005, 06:27 AM
berrygirll's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had a root canal done before I was 3 months pg. I had to take amoxicylin (sp?) for 10 days first. The root canal was PAINLESS! I felt nothing, she gave me a couple shots in the gum and I felt nothing the entire time. It is just an uncomfortable procedure because you're laying back & have to have your mouth open for 1 to 1 1/2 hrs.
They said I could take Tylenol when I got home so it wouldn't hurt when the novicane wore off so I did. But I have to say I wasn't in any pain afterwards and you can even eat and drink on it that day.
I go back in July or August to get the cap/crown put on.
It's better to have it done than to have an infection in your body while pg, that's what my dr. told me. The infection is worse than the root canal.
Jake (16)
Sam (13)
Layla (9)
stepmom to:
Kayleigh (20)
Emilee (19)
Madison (7)

May 13th, 2005, 12:53 PM
mom2bnjuly's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to mom2bnjuly
ummm.... i had a root canal done at 24 weeks and everything went fine and no its not as PAINFUL as everyone is saying! it didnt bother me when they did it or after they did it! and they didnt put my to sleep for it either. Good luck!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search