Placenta Previa

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 15th, 2006, 08:25 AM
d_nita's Avatar Regular
Hello All,

This is my second pregnancy (30 weeks 5/15/06). The first time around I had twin girls who were born 35 weeks and they had no complications. They are now 14 and keep me busy.

Here is my story. My husband and I were trying for about 3 years but I was unable to get pregnant. Test showed I have blocked tube. We prayed about our situation and we were blessed to have resources to undergo IVF. I got pregnant on the first try and I was told I’m only having one baby.

When it was confirmed I was pregnant I began to have all sorts of issues. I threw up daily and constantly had to go the bathroom. I had very bad abdominal pains which kept me in the ER. I also have massive swelling in my hands and feet which left me with a slight case of carpal tunnel. I have a bad satatic nerve on my left butt cheek. I also have experiences nose bleeds for the first time in my life. Another odd issue is I was showing at 6 weeks and it looked like I was 4 months. I took all these concerns to the doctor and it was written off as normal. With the twins I had none of these issues.

Since I’m dealing with the military our first visit was not schedule until I was almost 4 months. I received such harsh treatment as if it was wrong to be pregnant in 2006. As time went on it was discovered I had a very low placenta and it could be Placenta Previa and the baby showed to have calcium on her heart. That ultrasound was perform in March my latest one was perform on May 4 which showed the placenta has not moved and the baby heart issue was not discussed. I was told to come back in one month.

On each visit the doctors seem to read your chart once you walk in instead of preparing ahead of time. I don’t want to deliver my baby at any military facilities based on countless doctors’ bedside manners.

My question is: Can this be right? With all the research I have done this is very serious and it could kill the baby or me. What can I do about the cramping with no bleeding? The headaches the back pains etc. We stay on a military base that only has a clinic which means I have to drive 45 min to another base. All the do is send me home and claim everything is normal. I need help fast.

Have a Blessed Day[/color][color=#CC66CC][size=3]
Mrs. T[color=#CC66CC][size=3]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search