Put on Bed/ House Rest

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 25th, 2006, 01:14 PM
Veteran
I was put on bed/ house rest for the next 3 weeks to month, or until the problem is resolved, by my OB after my appointment this morning. Meaning I need to stay in bed at least 6 hours a day and all night long and I can't leave the house without someone with with, which hasn't been possible in my condition to begin with anyway. He wants me to gain more weight since I've already lost 14 pounds since we found out I was pregnant and the baby's heart rate was a little slower than normal. They're also thinking about putting me on intravenous nutrition at home so my baby and I can get to food and nurisment we need.
May 25th, 2006, 04:17 PM
anissa's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to anissa Send a message via MSN to anissa
I have been on bed rest for 11 weeks. I am supposed to only get up to got to the Bathroom and Doctor's office. I do my best but have done more on some days. The best advice I can give you is find something you enjoy to kill time.
Gavin Thomas 06/01/06
Emma Grace Born Sleeping 8/4/05 22 Weeks
Some people only dream of holding an Angel I actually held one!
Angel Baby 8/14/02
Angel Baby 12/28/04

May 26th, 2006, 04:42 AM
I have been placed on bed rest from week 23 and the first few weeks have been good and nice and easy....however, now I am starting to go stir crazy and its only going to get worse as the summer and pregnancy progresses.

I had two other pregnancies and I had bed rest with them too but nearly so early...and its been almost 10 years since the last one!

I havent been placed on such strict bedrest yet where i cant get out of bed at all....but I know that time will come towards the end.

I hope my family and friends come through and help to keep me occupied!!!

take care, somehow we will survive!
May 26th, 2006, 07:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm on my 18th week of bed rest w/ only bathroom privlages and to go to the doc., with 8 of those being in the hospital. I wont lie to you, I feel for you cuz it's hard to deal with but I'm at 34weeks and still counting. And plan on counting for at least a few more weeks. I'm finally at the point where I can see some light at the end of the tunnel and I know it is soooo worth it.

I had a neonatologist come from the NICU to talk to me in the hospital at 25wks and one came back over a few days ago. The whole time she was here I just sat here realizing how far I've came. The first visit was to explain to me how if he was born he had a 53% chance of survival and a 25% chance of no serious problems. The lady that came the other night didnt know about the first visit and was very cautiously explaining to me how if he was born there was a slight chance he might have to go over for a few hours for a little oxygen, not the vent, or to have IV fluids.

As hard as it's been I realize that w/out bedrest, I would've most likely met me child a long time ago and he may or may not have still been here w/ us. Hang in there!!!

June 1st, 2006, 03:39 AM
*~Candy~*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Why exactly are all of you on bedrest?? just wondering...

I was on bedrest for 2 weeks and now I am allowed to go to work for only 4 hours a day but I am scared , I don't like being on bedrest but I felt more comfortable being at home and knowing that I am doing my best. I guess if the doctor approved this than I am okay...just makes me nervous.

I am sorry all you girls are on bedrest, I know just from the 2 weeks my whole body aches.

June 1st, 2006, 07:09 AM
SuperTwins's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to SuperTwins
Quote:
Why exactly are all of you on bedrest?? just wondering...[/b]
You know why I am on bedrest. But I will share with everyone else. I am currently 25 weeks pregnant with twins and I am experiencing complications. Kidney issues, UTI and low amniotic fluid. I will be on bedrest for the remainder of my pregnancy in an attempt to prolong the pregnancy as much as possible.
June 1st, 2006, 01:19 PM
I was placed on bed rest several weeks ago because my BP was getting out of control again. I had it before the PG and switched meds but as I gain weight and water in the body, it goes up....it went up really high with the meds, even for me, so he took me off of work. I was doing alot of traveling and spend on lot of time talking to clients on the phone the rest of the time so doctor thought that was causing the increased pressures.

SO far he seems to be right, but I have also increased my meds even more...

doesnt bother me in the least, i have disability benefits, so i get to sit at home, relax and still get a paycheck!!!

this just happens to be earlier than my other two PG but its been 10 years since my last child, so I am thinking I am just getting plain old
June 2nd, 2006, 06:40 PM
*Leslie*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to *Leslie* Send a message via Yahoo to *Leslie*
I'm on week 4 of bedrest, it can make you crazy, so find something you enjoy doing. Goodluck!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search