taken off bedrest but confused

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 28th, 2005, 07:23 PM
Regular
Send a message via Yahoo to mommytojace
i was experiencing leaking of amniotic fluid and my doctor confirmed this ..... after a while i started to think it was just urine....... now after being off bedrest for a month i am experiencing the same thing....not sure if its urine or fluid.....should i be concerned if there are no contractions......
March 28th, 2005, 07:33 PM
TylerJ1029's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would call your dr ASAP or go to the ER. I could very well be fluid. I started leaking amniotic fluid and had no contractions (I was 39w). I didnt start having contracts until about 2-3 hrs after the leaking started. It may be urine if you notice this happening when you sneeze, cough or laugh. I always say its better to be safe than sorry. Since it was leaking before you never know would could happen now. Good luck!!!!

March 28th, 2005, 07:40 PM
Regular
Send a message via Yahoo to mommytojace
thanks...but you know what else concerns me...last time i went to the er.....my doctor told them to make me where a pad and walk around the hospital for 45 min....then test the pad....which was weird b/c i was on bedrest....they checked and it was negative....but they didnt understand its periodic not constant.....im fed up with my ill mannered doc.
March 28th, 2005, 07:58 PM
TylerJ1029's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
maybe you can just put a panyliner on now and if you are still leaking something you can just bring it to the ER with you. I hope its just nothing. You dr doesnt sound too caring.

March 29th, 2005, 08:00 AM
Natural Blessings's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What does the liquid smell like?

If you wear a liner(not a store bought pad, they absorb too much and the test won't be accurate) they can test that. You do not want them doing a vaginal check, if it is your water that has broken, doing a vaginal check increases your risk of infection and irritation to the cervix which can put you into labour and you are too early for that.

There are 2 bags of water, not just 1 so it is possible that the first time the outer bag broke. What I would be questioning is why if your water was leaking your dr took you off bedrest this early in the pregnancy.
April 1st, 2005, 05:26 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I would definitely call your doc immediatly.. if you are indead leaking fluid they need to know right away and check on the baby.

I hope all works out for you.

April 9th, 2005, 10:27 AM
Regular
My question is why aren't you in the hospital? My water broke at 24-25 wks and they put my butt in the hospital and told me I would not leave until I delivered my baby. Bedrest isn't enough, you could go into labor and they may not be able to stop it in time, by the time you got to the hospital. If you were already there they could do something immediatley.
April 9th, 2005, 03:55 PM
I had this happen....I knew I was leaking amnicotic fluid even though the nurses in labor and delivery said I wasnt...they sent me home.... I stole some of that paper they use that turns green when amniotic flouid is present right off the nurses cart before i left......The next time I felt the leaking I rubbed the tape down there and sure enoughy it turned green...so I went back to hospital and showed them. They were not so happy I swiped some of the tape but they did admit me. As soon as a nurse with some experience under her belt checked me (I was 39 weeks) she lifted the babies head in my uterus slightly and the water came gushing....

If you feel a trickle come down your vagina its probably amniotic fluid.... You can tell the difference between pee and natural vaginal discharge....as discharge is thicker and pee doesnt trickle from your vagina....

Keep going back to hospital and swipe some of that tape they use to test for amniotic fluid....my contractions never started like some people said here....if I had not done that who knows how long Id have sat at home risking possible infections from broken bag of water...
April 12th, 2005, 07:11 AM
Platinum Supermommy
was just wondering how things were going...?????

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search