i have a few questions

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 5th, 2006, 07:45 AM
Mom2DyJessAva's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
not sure of to many places to post my questions so i thought i would come here..I hope you dont mind!...well today i found out i test positive for group strep b...does this carry on after i have the baby? will it effect me ever getting pregnant in the future? i dont no really anything about it besides the fact that my doctor told me 50% of women have it and there is a 1% chance of the baby getting it so i have to get medication for when i go into labor...i also had to go for blood work because i have been having high blood pressure so for that ill have to see another doctor.. only good news i got really want my baby heartbeat is perfect

June 7th, 2006, 04:39 PM
Regular
Quote:
well today i found out i test positive for group strep b...does this carry on after i have the baby? will it effect me ever getting pregnant in the future?[/b]
HELLO.... I was told that I was GBS+ when I was preg with my son (now 3), from what my Dr. told me was that when I went into labour I had to be put on an IV antibiotic so it wouldn't affect the baby. I know that it can affect the baby but with proper neonatal monitoring you should be fine. The thing that I would talk further with my Dr. about is the high blood pressure. I had loads of headaches, swelling, and high blood pressure and it turned out to be pre-eclampsia. Just be careful and make sure your doctor checks that possibility. I know it's easy to worry about your baby when you’re pregnant, but your body is stronger than you think and as long as you take care of yourself and you have adequate health care you and that baby will be fine. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions..... Michele
June 8th, 2006, 04:06 PM
Mom2DyJessAva's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
how soon after i start going into labor should i go to the hospital? could i just wait untill my contractions get closer and closer then go or should i just go straight there? if my water breaks would it be best to go there soon after? sorry for all the questions

June 8th, 2006, 07:00 PM
Regular
As far as the contraction things goes I don't know b/c I was induced, I think it's 3 min apart, but I may be wrong. Hopefully one of these other ladies knows the answer. One thing I do know is that you are supposed to have the antibiotics before your water breaks at least thats what my dr. told me. I believe you always have GBS so any pregnancy you have you will always have to have IV anibiotics in labour. With only one pregnancy I am still very new at this as well. I hope all goes well for you and baby....
June 9th, 2006, 08:52 AM
Momma2My Lil Js's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Momma2My Lil Js
I was GBS+ with my daughter and needed to be on antibiotics during laboring... They gave me it every four hours. As far as affecting you after the birth, you shouldn't have a problem. All the research I did on it didn't say whether or not it would ever go away or would it be a problem. It really is only serious for the baby and older people who get it, as it can be serious. I did need to have my daughter tested 48hrs after birth to make sure she didn't have an infection from it. About the laboring part, you'll need to ask your Dr if they want you in immediately to get you started on the IV - I was induced so I didn't need to worry about this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search