Help me if you can please

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 1st, 2005, 05:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Okay, so I am reading that children can end up with developmental delays.. learning disabilities etc if given this too early. Rapid brain development occurs in a fetus between 25 and 28 weeks. My son is the most intell. child ever at 2.5.. actually over smart(if that makes sense, but I didn't start the pump with him till 29 weeks. I am terrified of being on it so early..

so even though our children can be healthy and happy, did any of you notice and delays in development/learning disabilities with the use of terb. so early in gestation? I can really use help here.

P.S. My cervix is down to 1.65 from 1.9 in one week.. I can't say I contract a lot, but every 15-20 min or so.. and sometimes less.. is it worth for me to take this.. I don't know if I should just try and waite it out another month.. I am 24 weeks now.. they are suppose to deliver the pump tomorrow, and I want them to wait if I don't want it yet.. is this a stupid move. I know ultimately this is my decision, but I ask that you all please be honest.. straight to the point and blunt with me.

Thank u

April 1st, 2005, 04:42 PM
~Trina~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ~Trina~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Trina~
If you are having contractions and changes in your cervix (albeit slow ones) I would not take the chance by waiting...even the risk of some POSSIBLE problems down the road would be better than having a baby born too soon who will have an even higher chance of learning disabilities and delays.

I know trebutaline sucks...I've spent months on it ...but man it's sooo worth it for a healthier baby

"A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water." -- Eleanor Roosevelt
April 2nd, 2005, 07:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to linda11567
I wouldn't risk it either. Babys born at 24 weeks only have a 50% survival rate. I was given terb at about 27 weeks (can't really remember) and the boys were born at 30 weeks. They do have developmental delays, I think more from being born so early than from the terb, I wasn't on the pump, I only got a couple of treatments of it. If baby is born early you are going to be dealing with developmental delays anyway and maybe much worse. I wouldn't risk it.
April 2nd, 2005, 06:25 PM
Margaret
Removed by poster.
April 20th, 2005, 11:35 AM
Brandy81
I had contractions all through my first pregnancy, my doctor watched me close, but I had my daughter maybe a month early and she was fine.
April 20th, 2005, 12:05 PM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Well I have a preemie with a lot of developmental delays. I have spent so much time worrying about him with all the different problems he has had. I was not given terbutaline (sp?). They were not following me close enough in my opinion. My placenta abrupted at 33 weeks and then they tried to put me on magnesium sulfate but by then it was too late to stop my labor.

I wish I had have had the option to take terbutaline. If I can do anything at all this time to keep me from having a preemie I will do it. You do not want to have a baby this early.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
April 21st, 2005, 02:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
thanks ladies.. I am actually off the turb.. the side effects were so bad.. and they are still doing cerv lengths... i also have at home monitoring, and I am only contracting about 1 to 3 times an hour.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search