Changing my lovenox

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 16th, 2011, 08:40 AM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My doctor thinks she's going to start me on 40mg twice a day instead of once a day...She said the peri wrote in his notes that I need to be on it twice a day...I had to go get a blood draw just to make sure my blood looked good...I should hear back from her monday about that....I hated my one shot a day, but now I get to do 2! Who else takes lovenox twice a day?

April 16th, 2011, 10:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I only take it once a day but I'll be switching to heparin soon and it'll be twice a day. I'm not looking forward to that.

Mom to 3 beautiful kids
Expecting our newest baby girl, diagnosed with Down Syndrome with Verifi, October 2014!
April 16th, 2011, 12:32 PM
Mom to minions's Avatar Super Mommy
I get it once a day till some time in my 2nd Tri... then I move up to twice a day... With #2 they actually had me taking it 3 times a day.
Pork (Laurence) 9/09 ~ 8lbs 3oz @ 36 1/2 weeks
2 angels in heaven 10/06 and 01/11
April 16th, 2011, 03:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I take mine twice a day. It blows, but it is not that big of a deal. The only thing I really hate about it is the constant running out of places on my belly that are not bruised or knotty.

April 16th, 2011, 03:27 PM
Yes that's what i'm worried about...Just doing it once a day makes it hard to find spots, i'm not sure what i'll do twice a day...I might have to move more to the sides...The only spots on my stomach that don't hurt are right in the front, the more I move up or down or more to the sides it hurts more Oh well, I think i'll survive.

April 17th, 2011, 04:07 AM
Mom to minions's Avatar Super Mommy
Please don't take offense, but you guys must be skinny. I think this one one of the only times I am grateful for being larger (though I am working on not being that way). I have no problems with running out of spots.

Also, if you push the blood thinner ( Lovenox or heparin) slowly, so it is not burning, it will not bruise as bad and sometimes not at all. And be sure not to rub that spot after for awhile. My OB told me to rub the area before, clean it, stick it push it in and then don't put pressure or rub that area if you can help it.
Pork (Laurence) 9/09 ~ 8lbs 3oz @ 36 1/2 weeks
2 angels in heaven 10/06 and 01/11
April 17th, 2011, 09:51 AM
lol i'm not skinny...I ice my spot first, and I inject really slowly but I still bruise over half the time....I also don't rub it or anything after....also my bruises take so long to go away, that's why it's hard to find spots...It takes over a week for one of my big bruises to to away and sometimes they are as big as a golf ball if not bigger...I don't like to inject into a bruise or right next to it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search