New here :)

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 2nd, 2011, 07:24 AM
I just thought I'd say hi and that I'm really glad I found somewhere I can relate to other people.

I'm 25 and Have 2 children,
DS is 7. I was toxic and pre e, induced at 36 weeks. Severe jaundice and low birth weight. He is a healthy boy and you'd never know.
DD is 14months. Toxic, svere pre e, induced at 34 weeks. Severe low birth weight unstable sugar and heart for first 48. Now also a happy chubby kid with no ill affects.

We just found out we're expecting again. I have had multiple chemical pregnancies and one mc at 12 weeks in 2007.
My husband is very nervous. I know he doesn't want to get excited until we have an ultrasound and see a heartbeat. Sometimes I wish he'd be happier though. I feel like I'm all alone in my excitment. I can't tell any of our parents until after the ultrasound because the dissapointment is hard on them (they are elderly).

My brother already lectured me on having more kids. He thinks I am punishing my children by inflicting many of our hereditary disabilities on them.

Anyways sorry for such a long rant.
Does anybody else ever feel alone with their joys?
May 2nd, 2011, 05:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on your pregnancy and welcome!
I am Liz, mom to Stella (2.5) and expecting my second in December. I have clotting issues and a history of pre-e and chronic hypertension. Glad that you found us!
When are you due? You may want to join a due date club. They are a lot of fun.

I am going to have this moved to the main board.

May 3rd, 2011, 10:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome! I'm Beth, mom to Jim who was born at 27 weeks due to premature rupture of membranes. It was really hard for us to decide to have another (took a year of therapy to get over the 9 weeks Jim spent in the NICU) and I'm still having trouble really getting excited about it because I know things can go wrong suddenly. DH is also terrified...but it's slowly getting better. I hope it'll get better for your DH too and he'll start to be more excited!

Tell your brother I said he's a poopy head. We all have issues to pass onto our kids, I mean, nobody's family medical history is perfect. That's no reason to tell someone not to have kids!

I hope this pregnancy goes 100% smoothly for you!

February 15th, 2014, 01:45 PM
I Agree I have had two children I have epilepsy, had to take medication while pregnant, both children have excelled are very healthy. I am now going to start IVF (TUBES WERE TIED IN 2001) I AM SOOO EXCITED... Blessings to you>>>
February 19th, 2014, 01:26 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
Tell your brother to shut the **** up. I have a lot of health problems. People have made comments about having children like they have to you. I tell them to walk over to my 4 year old and tell him what they just told me. Tell him that because mommy is sick, it would be better if he weren't alive.

Tell your brother that if he can figure out a way to tell his niece and nephew that you shouldn't have had them, that they shouldn't walk on this earth, then he is free to tell you not to have more kids.

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search