going out of my mind

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 30th, 2011, 04:43 AM
Delekatala's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Delekatala
Hello ladies, i know I haven't popped in here for a while. I am a slacker, I have lots of good excuses, pregnancy is tough. This morning is my level 2 ultrasound and genetic counseling, I will also get the results from my NT scan and integrated screening.

I have been having nightmares all week, and last night I didn't sleep a wink. I am such a mess. I am really worried. My doctor told me that because my sugars are s good I brought the risk of birth defects from 20 percent to ten percent. But that is like 1 in ten babies still. I was so lucky with my twins, they were perfect, and I guess I feel like I am pushing it with all my risks, and this baby is bound to have something wrong with it. I can handle a disability, but I am so petrified it will be something fatal like trisomy 13 or anencephaly.

I am also worried because 17 weeks is how far along i was when we noticed Lily was growing slowly, then at 21 weeks she stopped growing all together. then at 29 weeks they delivered because her cord flow was stopping. Again my stupid diabetes caused that.

Anyhow, trying to pass the time until this appt without going crazy, we leave in an hour. Hoping for a healthy, perfect appropriate sized baby.
June 30th, 2011, 08:33 AM
LookingGlassAlice's Avatar Pagan FTM
It;s normal to be stressed, but right now don't stress because you don't know anything is wrong yet.

today and plz KUP?
More fundamental than religion is our basic human spirituality. We have a basic human disposition towards love, kindness and affection, irrespective of whether we have a religious framework or not. When we nurture this most basic human resource – when we set about cultivating those basic inner values which we all appreciate in others, then we start to live spiritually. - Dalai Lama

[/url]
June 30th, 2011, 10:56 AM
OurSweetLabs's Avatar I LOVE My Boys!!
I am thinking about you today !

Please keep us posted !

June 30th, 2011, 11:27 AM
Wee3monkeys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good luck, Jenny! We'll be thinking about you! Hoping for the best, right along with you! KUP!

June 30th, 2011, 11:57 AM
Platinum Supermommy
HUGS! I wish I could tell you not to worry, but I know that you're going to worry anyway, that's just how it is when you're high-risk. So instead I'll just say that I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's all good news today!!! KUP!

June 30th, 2011, 01:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Jenny, I wish there was something that I could tell you to make it all better. I hope that your appointment goes well today and you are able to put your mind at ease a bit. Let us know how everything goes!

June 30th, 2011, 03:09 PM
Regular
Jenny,

I certainly understand the worry...I hope that you get wonderful news at your appt today. Hang in there!! You have a beautiful family and we are here to support you any way that we can.

Expecting twins! EDD 11/11
June 30th, 2011, 05:55 PM
Any update so far?
More fundamental than religion is our basic human spirituality. We have a basic human disposition towards love, kindness and affection, irrespective of whether we have a religious framework or not. When we nurture this most basic human resource – when we set about cultivating those basic inner values which we all appreciate in others, then we start to live spiritually. - Dalai Lama

[/url]
June 30th, 2011, 07:19 PM
raisininthesun's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to raisininthesun
I'm hoping all good things for you! I know exactly how it feels to worry... so, here's good luck dust.

*spreads a LOT of it around for you*
June 30th, 2011, 09:23 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
((hugs)) hoping all is well

Marie's five kids are now 7,5,4,4 &2!
July 4th, 2011, 07:37 AM
Delekatala's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Delekatala
I am so terrible! It has been such a busy weekend. The baby looks great so far, but they couldn't get a lot of pictures they need, so we have to go back for another level 2. However we got two very clear shots of the gender!! It's another GIRL! I knew it would be, but so many people kept rooting for boy. I wanted another girl though so i am happy.
July 4th, 2011, 08:59 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on the girl!!! I'm glad the u/s went well--I guess the upside to her not cooperating is that you get another peek at her?

July 4th, 2011, 11:23 AM
Congrats. Hope im joining team pink soon.

[/url]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search