I think I am going insane

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 7th, 2005, 05:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
How much longer can we withstand bedrest.. everything hurts.. it has been over 10 weeks, and I am only 25 weeks preggo

April 7th, 2005, 12:42 PM
docsmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to docsmomma
If you like puzzles, have someone buy you some and something to build them on while in bed. Those work wonders but can get annoying. Also if you like to read, have someone buy you books by your fav authors. I also know of people who have practically baked a cake from bed. Did everything but put it in the oven and take it out.
April 7th, 2005, 04:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I was actually thinking about cross stitching too, but I have never done it before.... any ideas

April 9th, 2005, 06:37 PM
I promise it will be worth it in the end!!! Bedrest is so hard I was on it the entire time I was prego!!! I am sorry you feel so bad!!!
April 10th, 2005, 01:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I definitely know it will be worth it.. and thanl you so much... I had to do this with my ds.. he is what helps me get through this everyday.

April 11th, 2005, 05:19 PM
Jenni's Avatar Super Mommy
Hey, Bea! How about scrapbooking? Since I was hospitalized for my bedrest, I had DH bring all of our photos, albums, supplies, etc. and I got all of them scrapbooked! When people visited they would bring more supplies!! I haven't had the time until just recently to get started with it again!! It was fun, productive and made time fly!!
April 12th, 2005, 03:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to linda11567
Cross stitching is very simple and very time consuming. Start with something simple just to learn it, it all has directions and is really simple, then maybe go for a large project, like one of those cute baby blankets they have. I still have the boy's that aren't done. You might actually be able to finish one!
April 12th, 2005, 07:03 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I was definitely thinking about cross stitching. My dh is going to go to Miachaels and get something for me when he gets a chance. Funny thing thoughI don't know much about it. How do you do it?

April 13th, 2005, 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Bea@Apr 12 2005, 06:03 AM
I was definitely thinking about cross stitching.* My dh is going to go to Miachaels and get something for me when he gets a chance.* Funny thing thoughI don't know much about it.* How do you do it?
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

Cross Stitch is realy fun and like she said, easy and there will be directions. Most patterens even have the colors set out on the cloth for you so you don't need to count stitches as much. More advanced kits have you count the lines on each color yourself.
It's makeing x's with your needle in different colors to form a picture. Pre-made kits with needle and threads and patterns can be bought right off the shelf.

Any needle work is great and it will give you the chance to make things for your baby that hold special meaning for you.

I crochet, the first two things I made were two baby blankets, they have uneven sides and a few missed loops of yarn in the weave but short of the baby blankets my mom and grandma send that they knit or quilt or crochet themselves those two blankets are the ones my baby is coming home in.

And yes it's a perfect way to pass the time. *HUGS*

Emy
April 14th, 2005, 10:34 PM
teacherinlove's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I taught myself how to cross stitch when I was 12.. I would start out with a kit that has the picture stamped out on the cross stitch paper (not sure what thats called but its white.. LOL)

I have been sewing (blankets, diaper covers), and cross stitching, embrodering, scrap booking.. I will be making curtains for all the rooms in my house. I have realized I have turned into my mother when I look at something and say, "Oh, I can make that!"

~Marissa~

April 15th, 2005, 05:14 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Sorry bedrest sucks. The longest I have had to be on bedrest was three weeks. ((hugs))

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
April 17th, 2005, 01:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
thanks so much ladies.. it is really nice to know you are all out there

April 17th, 2005, 04:04 PM
akafrogs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I picked up cross-stitching after I had surgery and was on bed rest for six weeks.
I is very easy to do. My only advise is get the kit. It has directions, thread, cloth and Needles. Also very important get your self a needle threader. I like the LoRan Needle Threaders cause you can tie it to a string around your neck so you never have to look for it and it holds that needle while you thread it and when you have to change thread colors every couple of minutes you'll be so happy you have it. You can find things on line. HOPE you don't go stir crazy. Good Luck .
April 18th, 2005, 07:09 AM
Platinum Supermommy
now if I can only get my dh to michaels to buy me the stuff

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search