DDCs???

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 21st, 2011, 10:10 AM
Wee3monkeys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Is everybody a memeber of their respective delivery date's DDC?

I don't ever join until really late, because I'm never sure how my pregnancy is going to go. By then everybody has kind of already made friends, and cliques, and I just never get to know anyone really well. Plus, I find it hard to commisserate with mommies having non-threatening or imagined problems that they blow out of proportion. So I usually lurk and only post periodically. This time, I haven't even joined, I just lurk. I lurk in my old DDCs too, checking in to see how people are doing, how babies are growing. I'm facebook friends with a few girls and update that way. I really only post here on JM anymore. I'm just not very out-going, and I'm always hesitant to post too much person info online anyway. I've made one very good friend from JM, and we text pretty much every day all day, but still haven't met IRL. I've been a member of JM for something like 4 years.

Anyway, I've seen numerous trolls come and go on various boards. I've seen old members leave and new join. That's part of the fun of an online community. There's been a couple new trolls on my DDC, (where I lurk). LOL!! I'm always amused by how up in arms people get, like it's never happened in almost every other DDC or board.

I guess, I just wondered if everyone else was part of their DDC or lurked like I do. I had been thinking about joining, but now I'm even more hesitant. I haven't even been back over to PAL, this time around.

July 21st, 2011, 03:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I joined my DDC this time around, mainly because I was hoping for as normal a pregnancy experience as possible. I will say this, though--I lost touch with my PR from when I was pregnant with Jim. It felt weird reading about their pregnancies while he was in the NICU. Hearing everyone complain about their swollen feet or whatever was hard when I would have given anything in the world to still be pregnant at that point. So I spent a lot more time on the Preemies/NICU forum--those moms seemed to just "get it" in ways that the moms in my DDC didn't. I went back to the group a bit after their kids were born and although they were nice people, I wasn't close with any of them. Then when everyone's kids were like a year or two old, there was some kind of blow-up that happened when I wasn't paying attention and everyone left the group to join some other website. I guess what I'm saying is, it wasn't as cohesive a group as I'd hoped. We also had a troll incident with someone faking that their kid had cancer, that drove off some people too.

This time around, there are more people in my DDC that I feel close to. There are actually quite a few of us high-riskers in the DDC, for some reason--lots of people who've had a loss, lots of people who are getting shots or seeing MFMs, and several preemie moms. The group seems to click better than my last one. It also seems like a slightly smaller group than my last DDC, so maybe there are few enough of us that we can get to know each other better?

But high-risk is a good forum when you're high-risk, because everybody gets it, KWIM?

July 21st, 2011, 05:39 PM
OurSweetLabs's Avatar I LOVE My Boys!!
I am the co host on my DDC, LOL

I was the mommy guide for the board and when I found out I was pregnant I joined. I Love DS's playroom, we have all been thru a lot together.

My DDC is honestly very good, we have a a few weridos but have been lucky so far. The DDC that you would be in has had a lot of issues

Last edited by OurSweetLabs; July 21st, 2011 at 06:49 PM.
July 21st, 2011, 05:49 PM
LookingGlassAlice's Avatar Pagan FTM
Im in Donnas DDC as well, I love it... Very nice supportive group and I intend to stay active on there
More fundamental than religion is our basic human spirituality. We have a basic human disposition towards love, kindness and affection, irrespective of whether we have a religious framework or not. When we nurture this most basic human resource – when we set about cultivating those basic inner values which we all appreciate in others, then we start to live spiritually. - Dalai Lama

[/url]
July 21st, 2011, 06:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookingGlassAlice View Post
Im in Donnas DDC as well, I love it... Very nice supportive group and I intend to stay active on there
Same here!

I was a member of the Nov08DDC when I was pg with Stella and I am still active in the PR. I love those ladies and have had such am amazing experience there that it was never a question in my mind if I would join another DDC.

July 22nd, 2011, 07:29 AM
Awwww!! I'm glad for you ladies!!! That's the way it is supposed to work in the DDCs. For some reason it just never seems to go that well for me. *sigh*

July 22nd, 2011, 06:05 PM
raisininthesun's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to raisininthesun
I'm in my DDC (december 11), but am not as active as I have been in past DDCs. Not sure why, I just don't feel as connected to anything this time and it's kind of hard reading posts where people are excited, and getting to know each other and I feel like things can go bad for me any moment.
July 23rd, 2011, 09:33 PM
Crystal_Lynn's Avatar Ari and Zev's Mommy
I'm in the some what crazy January DDC and it's a bit disconnecting right now. I have been trying to jump in, but always feel kind of weird. Even answering simple questions like how big do you think baby will be. Well Ari was 4 pounds 12 ounces, so I think this baby will be big. Then I have to explain that for a 32 weeker that's pretty big and yadda yadda. Even talking to moms in public it's just a bit different lately and it's hard to connect. According to my OB office my pregnancy isn't "high risk", but I feel it's easier to feel a like to people that are.

No matter were it is, I hope you find a group to "belong" to. If you ever wanna chat we could make our own personal Jan DDC.

.My Pregnancy Blog.Last update: 01.05.12.

Some babies are born to soon and/or too sick. Arm yourself with knowledge, visit marchofdimes.com!
July 24th, 2011, 11:40 AM
n8tsmomma's Avatar Super Mommy
I am in the Feb due date club but its kinda strange for me to explain multiple times why I get weekly ultrasounds and that I would gladly have no ultrasounds because every week they are viability checks and as much as the ultrasound tech stays positive I know that's why I am there. We do seem to have a lot of people on progesterone but most are on the oral or the suppositories so its not quite the same and I don't have many people that can relate to my sore tush. Our due date club has had a lot of losses so far but only had drama once.

July 24th, 2011, 11:47 AM
raisininthesun's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to raisininthesun
That's part of why I feel disconnected too. I get lots of ultrasounds, not viability checks anymore, but cervix ultrasounds, and I don't think they'll get it. Or the progesterone shots.

Though, I didn't realize my ddc had so many high risk moms!
July 24th, 2011, 12:51 PM
OurSweetLabs's Avatar I LOVE My Boys!!
They are going to start my Cervix checks this week and I take progesterone too as well as Delekatala.

July 25th, 2011, 07:58 AM
*giggle* Crystal_Lynn, maybe I'll finally join, and then we'll have each other in there at least. :waving:

I go back to the Peri again this week, Wednesday. It's been a month, it's so rare that I get to go a month without being seen; and I'm always scared when I go back.

July 25th, 2011, 10:08 AM
Leogirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My DDC (Sept.) is very good and I'm very active on it. Everyone gets along for the most part really well and are very supportive. We have lots of high risk mommies I do believe. We've just been though so much as a DDC. We had lots of losses in first tri, several in 2nd, and we've already had babies born the first sadly didn't make it. There's lots of bedrest and PTL mommies so we keep each other entertained!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search