Your DH/SO/partner

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 21st, 2011, 04:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
How is your DH/SO/partner dealing with the stresses of your high-risk pregnancy? Is he supportive? Does he help out more with tasks around the house that you can't do anymore? Is he scared about something going wrong with your pregnancy? Is he willing to talk about his feelings? Is he excited for the baby to come?

July 21st, 2011, 05:15 PM
Delekatala's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Delekatala
Eddy is super super helpful. I am so grateful for him. He has been stressed about the baby though, he has developed a leg shaking, that his therapist says is just a reaction to the stress. he does talk about it with me when he is in the mood.

He lost his first baby at 21 weeks due to incompetent cervix. Then his second baby was a 1lb 10 oz preemie, she was really sick. His third was 4 lb and only spent a few weeks in the nicu, then 4th and 5th was our twins, and of course genevive passed away in the nicu. Poor guy he deserves a healthy full term baby! he has lost two babies, and never had a child that wasn't in the nicu. He says he won't be happy until the baby is home and alive.
July 21st, 2011, 05:45 PM
OurSweetLabs's Avatar I LOVE My Boys!!
Dh tries hard, he doesn't want another NICU baby, but more that than he doesn't want another loss. He is trying with the housework when I can't but he just isn't me. He talks about it sometimes, and then tries to pretend that everything is ok at other times.

July 21st, 2011, 05:53 PM
LookingGlassAlice's Avatar Pagan FTM
Mine is trying, but I dont think he fully understands what im going through...

Hes still coping with the idea of having another child, this was a huge suprise for us
More fundamental than religion is our basic human spirituality. We have a basic human disposition towards love, kindness and affection, irrespective of whether we have a religious framework or not. When we nurture this most basic human resource – when we set about cultivating those basic inner values which we all appreciate in others, then we start to live spiritually. - Dalai Lama

[/url]
July 21st, 2011, 07:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My first pregnancy DH was a mess. This time he is more relaxed about everything. He does his best to support me, but he will be the first to admit that he has no idea what I am going through.

July 22nd, 2011, 07:35 AM
Wee3monkeys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mine must be hanging out w/ Alice's DH. He for sure doesn't understand what I go through, and he won't talk about it. For the first 8-11wks, we didn't hardly talk about baby at all. Like if he could ignore it, it wasn't real, we weren't really doing this again. I think that's also a coping mechanism though, since every pregnancy seems to always start with us thinking it isn't going to be viable. Then when it is, it takes a while longer to get used to it. He's pretty detached until I'm bigger and he can feel and see baby move under my skin..

July 22nd, 2011, 11:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Ummm.....I'm not sure how to describe my dh when I'm pregnant. He's not a worrier by any means and when I'm pregnant, that doesn't change. I don't think he fully understands my "condition" and he really doesn't watch me give myself my injections, so, it's out of sight, out of mind. I don't know....maybe he does worry about it and doesn't tell me that he does. I doubt it, though. I don't let him go to my doctor appts with me because he's impatient and hates waiting, plus, he hates doctors. I just don't think it really registers with him. That makes him sound dumb, and he's far from dumb. He just kind of acts like just because I'm pregnant, nothing else really changes, or at least it shouldn't change and we shouldn't worry about anything until there's something to worry about.

Mom to 3 beautiful kids
Expecting our newest baby girl, diagnosed with Down Syndrome with Verifi, October 2014!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search