Any advice for possible gestational hypertension?

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 26th, 2011, 09:11 AM
Ryan's Mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am 34 weeks along, I have spent the last two days in l&d. I have this weird thing with anxiety at the doctors, my bp is always higher, friday, after walking 15 blocks in the 115 degree weather, it was 173/70, it then went down to 140/62. The doctor had me go into the hospital over the weekend. While I was there, it was all over the place, 150/90, 112/60, etc. I went to the doctors yesterday, bp was 134/80, she sent me again to l&d, urine came back clean, no protein, blood came back good as well. I was taken out of work and I am on home rest. I go back to the doctors on thursday, I know I will be anxious when I go back again and my bp will probably be high and I will be sent right back to l&d, any suggestions?
At home, my bp is no 118/62, I have been monitoring it since I came home last night.
July 26th, 2011, 10:03 AM
n8tsmomma's Avatar Super Mommy
I don't have any advice but I have the same problem when I go for shot appts with the nurse my bp is fine but when I am seeing the doctor it jumps through the roof. Good luck is there anything that relaxes you like knitting or something you could do at the doctors office to help keep it down?

July 26th, 2011, 10:24 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I sometimes get nervous at the doctor's office too. I find that closing my eyes and taking a few deep breaths just before and during when they take my BP can help me to calm down a bit.

July 26th, 2011, 02:27 PM
Ryan's Mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
thanks ladies! i will try and relax (although this is way easier said than done)
July 27th, 2011, 02:16 PM
Wee3monkeys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry, I'm no help either. I've gone so often in the last 3 years, that having them take my bp doesn't bother me at all anymore. I always do a little relaxing exercise anyway though. I start at my head and consciously relax my body starting at the top of my head and down, and take full even breaths. Maybe try something like that.

July 28th, 2011, 06:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Suggest that they wait until you are well settled in the exam room before taking your BP. Also, if they use a machine, ask them to use a cuff and stethescope. I swear those machines in offices do not take as accurate a BP. I would also write down you pressures and take them with you so that they can see them and know exactly what they have been running otherwise. Best of luck!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search