OT: my son has a fever

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 27th, 2011, 03:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
He came home from daycare with it yesterday evening and it's still hanging around, although it's gone from 102 to 100 with him taking tylenol and motrin. So I get to take a day off of work tomorrow (DH is home with him today, but needs to be in the office tomorrow) which means, one more day I have to take leave without pay during my maternity leave this fall.

I will say this, Jim gets super lovey when he's sick--this morning he told me he loves me "SO MUCH" and then said, "Mommy, you're my best friend!" I mean, I like that he's being so nice, but I was thinking to myself, "Wow, you really aren't yourself when you've got a fever, are you?"

July 29th, 2011, 07:01 AM
Wee3monkeys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How's the little man doing, Beth? Feeling any better? My kids are the same way. They're go-go-go-go-go-go, and then they turn very lethargic and cuddly when not feeling well. Can always clearly tell when they are not feeling up to par.

Enjoy your cuddles, but I hope he's feeling better soon!

July 29th, 2011, 07:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee3monkeys View Post
How's the little man doing, Beth? Feeling any better? My kids are the same way. They're go-go-go-go-go-go, and then they turn very lethargic and cuddly when not feeling well. Can always clearly tell when they are not feeling up to par.

Enjoy your cuddles, but I hope he's feeling better soon!
He is better, thanks! He woke up yesterday at 4AM with the fever still there and then threw up (mercifully there wasn't much in his stomach, just some water) and then went back to sleep for a few hours, and then woke up with a much lower temperature. By lunchtime he was his old self with no fever at all. In fact, after nap time we made chocolate chip cookies and he was begging me to let him go outside to play.

Of course, now I feel like I'm coming down with something--mild sore throat, feeling a little chest congestion...just hoping I don't spike a fever this weekend, we have a lot going on!

July 29th, 2011, 07:59 AM
Wee3monkeys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well YAY for Jim feeling better, but BOO for you not feeling well! I hope you don't spike a fever either, so unneeded!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search