Mom Friends

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 31st, 2011, 08:12 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Do you have a lot of friends who are moms? Do you find that being high-risk pregnant impacts your relationship with them (for good or bad)?

July 31st, 2011, 09:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
My friends are about 50% mom and 50% childless. None of my friends have been through a high risk pregnancy. It has not really had any impact on our relationships. I am not the type to get p-oed is someones is boo-hooing over something they dislike about their "normal" pregnancy. Everyone has the right to whine sometimes. Also, all of my friends know my risks and know what pregnancy means for me, so they are very understanding.

July 31st, 2011, 12:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
most of my friends are moms and they know I give myself injections for a clotting disorder. They're all supportive and always ask how I'm doing, do I like my doctor....all the typical questions any pregnant woman gets. Like Liz said, everyone, normal pregnancy or not, gets to complain and it doesn't bother me. Pregnancy, for the most part, is hard. We get tired, uncomfortable, have to pee all the time, etc. It doesn't bother me. I look at it like a bonding experience! lol

Mom to 3 beautiful kids
Expecting our newest baby girl, diagnosed with Down Syndrome with Verifi, October 2014!
July 31st, 2011, 01:37 PM
Leogirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I only have one friend who is a mom and the rest are childless. I guess no one treats me any differently. They are just excited that I'm having a baby and ask me all the normal pregnant lady questions.

August 2nd, 2011, 07:55 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I actually have a few friends who were just acquaintances before we had Jim, but are now good friends because they had pregnancy complications too. Like the woman who will be our doula--she lost twins because of a PPROM, and her daughter has a disability and has spent a lot of time in the hospital, so she gets what we went through with Jim in a way that a lot of other friends don't, and she's super understanding about the stress of a high-risk pregnancy. Being high-risk hasn't driven me father away from anyone either, which I think is pretty cool.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search