Protein in Urine/Pre-E

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 13th, 2011, 05:43 PM
Six in the City
I am just popping in over here to get some insight/advice/etc. I just went in for a non-routine dr visit at 32 weeks because of severe stomach pain. Come to find out I am spilling protein in my urine along with high blood pressure (high for me is normal for others- so it was missed for a few visits). I am wondering what amount of protein did you ladies that had pre-e have in your urine?? Today I had +3 in mine. I had the u/s done and everything looked fine, as well as the NST. But now I am just not sure what to expect for the rest of the pregnancy.

Make a pregnancy ticker
Always missing our angels.
September 14th, 2011, 06:03 AM
pfmommy07's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to pfmommy07 Send a message via MSN to pfmommy07 Send a message via Yahoo to pfmommy07
I had pre-e with both my boys in my 38th week. I know with my first son it was +4 and I was induced that day. I think with DS2 it was +2 or 3. With him I did a 24 hour urine collection, and went in for a NST 2 days after my appt. I failed the NST and was induced then(baby passed with flying colors). My bp normally runs 90/60 and I am pretty regular, but the last couple weeks of both of their pregnancies I am well over pre-hyp. I am now almost 6 weeks with #3 and going to be talking to my OB about what the game plan will be this time around. With DS2 my bp was at least 180/120 with DS1 when I was induced it was 160/110.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my siggy!

September 14th, 2011, 09:00 AM
Six in the City
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfmommy07 View Post
I had pre-e with both my boys in my 38th week. I know with my first son it was +4 and I was induced that day. I think with DS2 it was +2 or 3. With him I did a 24 hour urine collection, and went in for a NST 2 days after my appt. I failed the NST and was induced then(baby passed with flying colors). My bp normally runs 90/60 and I am pretty regular, but the last couple weeks of both of their pregnancies I am well over pre-hyp. I am now almost 6 weeks with #3 and going to be talking to my OB about what the game plan will be this time around. With DS2 my bp was at least 180/120 with DS1 when I was induced it was 160/110.
Did you have any other symptoms? My BP is still "low" but high for me but I'm having symptoms- stomach pain, nausea, headaches, blurred vision- for awhile though it's been chalked up to gallbladder issues which now it seems that wasn't the case always.

How far along were you with #2? I didn't have problems in my other 3 pregnancies, this is the first time so I just don't know what to expect. I appreciate any and all advice and information.

Make a pregnancy ticker
September 14th, 2011, 03:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't have any experience with pre-E but just wanted to say welcome to the forum!

September 14th, 2011, 06:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I was induced because of pre-e at 37 weeks with my daughter and for life of me I cannot remember how much protein I was spilling. I know I knew at the time. I had protein in my urine, headaches, abdominal pain and sudden weight gain. My blood pressure was actually looking pretty good when I was diagnosed, but it had been high on and off throughout the pregnancy.

September 15th, 2011, 05:51 AM
Six in the City
How long were you ladies able to stay pregnant before inducing once the protein was found and diagnosed as pre-e? I really want to get another 3-4 weeks at least of her baking.

Make a pregnancy ticker
September 15th, 2011, 07:25 AM
Super Mommy
I had pre-e with my last. My bp was around 195/110 when we caught it. I don't know the + range for my protein, but my total was over 5 grams in 24 hours. They admitted me right away, but didn't induce for 3 days.

*Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!*

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search