Off Lovenox tomorrow

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 14th, 2011, 11:16 AM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Tomorrow morning will be my last lovenox shot...I'm supposed to start heprin tomorrow night, then friday morning before going to get a blood draw...I haven't picked it up yet, but I heard it's not pre-filled in the syringes, which makes me nervous...Seems like i've been doing the lovenox for so long, and it's so routine, and now it's going to be different...My dr told me i'll be getting a lot of blood draws now too...Hopefully only 3 more weeks till i'm done!! Can't wait

September 14th, 2011, 12:18 PM
OurSweetLabs's Avatar I LOVE My Boys!!
(((HUGS))) and YAY !!!

You will get used to having to draw your meds, it's not bad.

September 14th, 2011, 03:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
So exciting!!! I can't believe we're getting so close to the end!!!

September 14th, 2011, 05:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yea, the heparin sucks compared to the convenience of the Lovenox, but it is no biggie. They should teach you how to draw up the meds. When I was on it my dose was 1 vial so that made things really easy. I started heparin at 32 weeks last time and I think it will be 34 weeks this time. I did not have any additional blood draws that I remember. Maybe one shortly after starting the heparin just to make sure the dosage was theraputic but that was it. Best of luck!

September 15th, 2011, 08:57 PM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just took my first heparin injection...The needles are longer and thicker I so can't wait to be done with them...The vile was also a single injection, but I had a hard time getting every last drop out, do you think it matters that there was a tiny bit (I mean a very tiny bit) in the bottom? I just couldn't get it out...I have to take my next one in the morning and than get my blood taken 6 hours later...My dr said i'll be getting blood draws to make sure it's where it should be (she said it changes a lot more on heparin than lovenox)...Oh well, I should be having my baby in 3 weeks, I think I can deal with it.

September 16th, 2011, 06:12 AM
OurSweetLabs's Avatar I LOVE My Boys!!
My Dr told me in the single dose vials that the put exta since the know you can't get it all out.

They also told me that in multiple dose vials there is never enough ..... crazy if you ask me.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search