I've been hiding out....

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 5th, 2011, 02:26 PM
Wee3monkeys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry to have been MIA, I've just been lurking, and hiding out I guess. I had an appointment on Sept 22nd, and just haven't been in the greatest of places since. Nothing serious, just down for some reason.

Appointment went pretty well. They did another big u/s taking a better look at little guys face, heart, brain, and urinary tract for defects. All looked good except for his urinary tract, but there wasn't a clear understanding of why. The tech just said the area appeared to be holding extra fluid or be enlarged. They'll scan it again the next time I'm in, and either make sure all is well, or see if there needs to be further examination. My Peri had already poked his head in as he had been called over to the hospital, so I didn't get to speak with him after that whole convo with the tech. She said not to worry as structurally everything was there, so I've been trying not to. His kidneys are working and he's swallowing fluid, because his bladder was full; so.... yeah, no idea what could possibly be going on if all of his little parts are there and seem to be functioning.

Ok, on top of that, he's a monster just like my last two. Coming in at the 95th percentile for gestational age. Now this could be, as I've said all along, that I'm actually 2 weeks further along than my doctor's office will acknowledge, based on my lmp instead of my early ultrasounds which they thought showed an impending m/c anyway. *sigh* It's the same thing every time with that whole thing, lmp says I'm further along than their scans, always. So, anyway, due to his size I was sent for my glucose challenge as soon as possible.

Here's more fun stuff, they want me to skip the one hour and do the new 2 hour that is being done now. So I go that Saturday, get there, wait, and they don't have my orders f/ my doctor. Call my doctor's answering service because it's Saturday, and they say they'll page him to call me. I waited an hour there! He calls me 15 minutes after I left. I was so annoyed, but he said he'd call in a verbal order right then. So the following Saturday rolls around, and I go to the lab again, and AGAIN they don't have an order. I knew I should have called the nurse that week, but I didn't, trusting that it had been taken care of. Had to call the answering service again, and thankfully my dr called right back and gave them the verbal order. So I took my test. I took my little handheld monitor from my last pregnancy with me, luckily I had 4 test strips left (how handy was that). So... I knew I failed right away. Peri's office called me on Monday though, yes I failed, they were calling me in new supplies and start checking my sugars immediately and bring my data to my next appointment to see if I can manage it with diet again. *sigh* GD sucks.

Plus we have had family staying with us for the last 2 months while they try and get an apartment, and I'm just so over that whole situation. It's too much to get into, but I'm so sick of having them there that I'm just miserable. I'm 6 months pregnant give or take, and cleaning up after a housefull of people (my family of 5, and their family of 4) that can't do squat for themselves and I'm too much of a non-confrontational person to do anything about it.

I just want to run away and hide.

Ok, whine over. Thanks for reading all that if you stuck it out!

October 5th, 2011, 04:56 PM
OurSweetLabs's Avatar I LOVE My Boys!!
(((HUGS)))

I think I would be in a funk too I hope that everything is ok with your little man and that you can manage your GD with your Diet.

October 6th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Seriously, those are all perfectly valid reasons to be in a funk! I am sorry about the GD diagnosis, that stinks. And the house guests would drive me up the wall too, 2 months is a looooong time to host a family of 4, let alone when you are pregnant.

I will keep my fingers crossed that the urinary tract thing turns out to be nothing, it sounds like his bladder was just really full? When is your next scan?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search