Seattlite OT

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 6th, 2011, 03:25 PM
Wee3monkeys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Beth,

How is your friend with Trigeminal Neuralgia? I've been having a pretty good time of it lately, and whenever I think that, I think of your friend that you've told me about. Face is acting up a bit today, which had me thinking about how long it's been since I've had a REALLY bad day. I hope your friend is well, and not doing too poorly recently!

October 7th, 2011, 01:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
She is still in pain. Her neuralgia is atypical, so she is in pain all the time. I think what they may end up having to do is cut the nerve...but for now she is just living on a pain medicine cocktail.

I am so glad yours hasn't acted up too much this pregnancy! I remember you saying that you cut down on your meds, so I am glad you've been able to get by so far!

October 7th, 2011, 01:58 PM
Wee3monkeys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Poor thing! Sorry to hear that! Yeah, I'm pretty thrilled that I've not been too bad. Scared to jinx it almost, saying I've been good; having been there, I don't want to go back. I just cringe for your poor friend.

October 8th, 2011, 02:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
She will be going to the Mayo Clinic at Christmas time, hopefully they will come up with some solutions for her...

I will be keeping my fingers crossed that your lick holds out for the rest of your pregnancy!

November 3rd, 2011, 04:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
FYI, my friend just finished up her visit to the Mayo Clinic today (they had a cancellation and were able to see her sooner than Christmas!) and they are talking about doing this surgery:

Update on Deep Brain Stimulation at Mayo Clinic

It's experimental surgery when done for trigeminal neuralgia, but they have had some success with it, and the doc she saw thinks she is a good candidate for the surgery. They also WAY upped her meds, although they don't seem to be helping.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search