I don't know what to do.

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 18th, 2011, 03:49 PM
Six in the City
I have been having problems with my daughter being non-reactive on the NST's, barely passing BPP's or only getting a 4 out of 8. I went in for an amnio today for lung maturity and her lungs came back at 12,000 for the LBC so I asked for the L/S Ratio which after waiting 5 1/2 hours come to find out they never sent it in. So I was discharged and sent home. To add to it I have ketones in my urine, so high that it doesn't register, I'm spilling sugar and protein as well, and reduced fetal movement but they just keep waiting to deliver. Also at 35 weeks it was noted that placenta started to calcify. And yet here I am... still pregnant.

Make a pregnancy ticker
Always missing our angels.
October 19th, 2011, 10:22 AM
Regular
I am not sure if that lung maturity is good or not??? Have you had any steriod shots for the baby's lungs? (I can't remember). Have you straight out asked them why they are waiting? I am sorry you are having to go through this...
October 19th, 2011, 11:55 AM
Six in the City
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarapepper View Post
I am not sure if that lung maturity is good or not??? Have you had any steriod shots for the baby's lungs? (I can't remember). Have you straight out asked them why they are waiting? I am sorry you are having to go through this...
No steroids as they told me at 35 weeks that it was pointless to do it. Now I wish I had insisted on doing it. I have asked and the reason I am getting is "I don't want to get a nasty letter from the hospital because we can't find a medical reason for all of these issues."

Make a pregnancy ticker
October 19th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Wee3monkeys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What kind of doctor are you seeing? Ask for a referral to a Perinatologist! ASAP!! Ask your physician what excuse they are going to give when something happens to you or baby because they ignored all of these VERY CLEAR signs that something is not right.

October 19th, 2011, 02:21 PM
OurSweetLabs's Avatar I LOVE My Boys!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee3monkeys View Post
What kind of doctor are you seeing? Ask for a referral to a Perinatologist! ASAP!! Ask your physician what excuse they are going to give when something happens to you or baby because they ignored all of these VERY CLEAR signs that something is not right.

Ditto

I think I would tell them I want a copy of my medical record so that I can forward it to my lawyer in the event that something happens due to their lack of action.

I am so sorry you are going thru this Praying for you and your little one.

Are you trying any self induction methods at this point ?

October 19th, 2011, 03:33 PM
Six in the City
Quote:
Originally Posted by OurSweetLabs View Post
Ditto

I think I would tell them I want a copy of my medical record so that I can forward it to my lawyer in the event that something happens due to their lack of action.

I am so sorry you are going thru this Praying for you and your little one.

Are you trying any self induction methods at this point ?
I am trying some. EPO, RRL Tea and I had been pumping some which I plan to start doing again. Anything else I can do?

I am requesting an entire copy of my medical record. And I am seeing an OB who even sees high risk doctors, as well as a Peri who consults on my case but she doesn't seem to listen to what he says to do.

Make a pregnancy ticker
October 20th, 2011, 11:28 AM
I would request that the Peri put it in writing what their recommendation is, then sit down with the doctor with that recommendation and ask them point blank why they are ignoring it. Let them know that you will be holding them responsible if anything happens to you or baby, and ask them if they are comfortable taking that risk with both of your lives, because you would rather err on the side of caution and take action, rather than run the risk of just waiting things out and something terrible occurring. You are your best advocate, you have to do as much legwork as possible for yourself because while they are supposed to have your best interests as a priority, sometimes being too cautious is just the way some doctors work. That's why they are forced to carry malpractice insurance, because they make mistakes just like everybody else.

**edited to add: have sex. Repeatedly. LOL! It may not be great, but I'm telling you that it works, that and lots of walking. Go to the mall, or Target, or anywhere and just roam around (for a long time), then have sex that night.

Last edited by Wee3monkeys; October 20th, 2011 at 11:32 AM.
October 20th, 2011, 05:25 PM
Six in the City
I told my husband we are having sex tonight and I should go walking too. I went today for another BPP and was told my placenta is a grade 3, should I be concerned about this?

Make a pregnancy ticker
October 20th, 2011, 06:59 PM
OurSweetLabs's Avatar I LOVE My Boys!!
I don't know about the grade of the Placenta, but the Sex and walking sounds like a good idea.

October 21st, 2011, 08:48 AM
I'm sorry, I don't know about the placenta grades either. Keep at the walking and sex though. I'd be super on the doctor's case wanting a meeting and for them to be talking you through all of your information. Good Luck!!

October 21st, 2011, 11:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I would even go a bit further and ask the peri to become your primary provider for the remainder of the pregnancy, since the OB refuses to follow the peri's recommendations.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that you go into laor ASAP!

November 19th, 2011, 11:37 AM
I work in a chiropractor office, and we have TONS of pregnant women come in, mostly for back pain management, but also for help delivering! Just last week a lady delivered who was 2 weeks past due, the same evening she received acupuncture/acupressure from our office. If you have a practitioner in you area, I would look in to it. I didn't know anything about it before working there, but
now I am convinced.

Good luck, I hope everything goes well.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search