We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
I was posting regularly here a while ago due to being on progesterone for threatened miscarriage and about 4-5 weeks ago I finally got off the shots which my poor hips were overjoyed not to be poked 3 times a week! I thought the rrest of pregnancy would be smooth sailing and I apparently was wrong
I was in the hospital Friday night for heart palpitations and my BP was elevated. I did a brief stint in L&D (about 15 minutes of actually being admitted then an hour waiting to get the paperwork for discharge.) I just dropped off a 24 hour urine sample at the lab and they drew more blood. I picked up my labs from my hospital visit on Friday and had a 30 for protein in urine which should be 0. For anyone that has had preeclampsia in a previous pregnancy what normally happens? Being as 30 is not just a borderline could be something funky going on type of number I am leaning more towards I probably do have it even though I have not heard back about the 24 hour test.
I am worried because of all the stories you hear about people needing to be induced early or having c sections for emergency delivery so anyone with a better outcome would be helpful.
I had pre-e, but I cannot for the life of me remember what my numbers were on my blood and urine tests. I just know they were high and it resulted in an induction at 37 weeks and a perfectly normal vaginal delivery. If they catch the beginings of pre-e they can try and stave it off for a while with bedrest and medication. I hope everything is ok!
I passed the 24 hour test but just barely so doctor had my BP taken again it was still high and I am still spilling protein so I am now on Labetalol. I have an ultrasound tomorrow morning and another appointment following that. Hoping they caught it early enough that I can not go on bed rest or have any complications caused by it. I hate medicine so this stuff better work.
i am on my second pre e pregnancy my protein numbers in my first were 390 this time around my first was 316 and my second was 422 i am currently on
and just started bed rest.
i see both a hypertension specialist and my regular OB the specialist will not diagnose with pre e until your protein numbers are over 300.
last time my dr induced me at 37 weeks because the baby was ready and she wanted to get me off of the meds. I will most likely be induced again this time we are hoping to make it to 37 weeks again but it is a wait and see.