Looking for advice fom anyone who has dealt with SCH.

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 7th, 2011, 02:31 PM
Veteran
At 13 weeks I went to the ER for an infection, where they also ran my hormone levels "just in case". At 13.3 weeks, I woke up thinking I had peed myself in my sleep. When I went to the bathroom, I passed something but couldn't see due to the amount of blood in the toilet. We rushed to the ER were we were told I'd miscarry before the weekend was over because levels had dropped from 49,000 to 42,000. They did find active baby on the ultrasound with a hb of 161. Got home & paged my OB who called back & said mostly a blood clot & put me on bedrest until he could see me. He cancelled my appt for that following Monday so I went to ER at the hospital he's at. Again, told miscarriage, but ran more urine & blood. Levels came back at 45,000; no signs of infection in urine this time, & baby was VERY active with a heartbeat of 153. OB's that Wednesday to be told things looked fine, baby was measuring on schedule & had a good heartbeat. Fast forward to early last week: I started feeling slight movement from baby, once or twice a day. Last Wednesday, started feeling bad again & passing more small clots so we went back to OB. Baby still measured fine, heartbeat was still strong, but he said there was blood in my urine still & then he found another (what LOOKED small to me) blood clot right next to the placenta. Clot looked about 1/4 the size of baby & another clot seemed to be forming on the placenta. He didn't put me on strict bedrest, but did say basically bedrest, no going walking or grocery shopping...nothing really. He said he thought I had a good chance of getting past this thing, & went ahead & set me up for an anatomy scan at 18 weeks. It's at another location 2 weeks from this Wednesday, with a follow up appt with him the following Wednesday. I'm passing more tiny clots the last couple days, but no real cramping or pain. I keep finding horror stories about SCH's that end in miscarriage, stillbirths, & babies born way too early. To top it off, for the last two days I just don't FEEL pregnant. I'm losing weight still, morning sickness going away, sore breasts & backache are disappearing...& I'm terrified I'm losing my baby. I have to wait 2 1/2 weeks for this scan then another week for the results & I'm going crazy. Has anyone had a subchorionic hemorrhage that turned out ok? Are these "disappearing symptoms" anything to worry about & call my OB on or am I just being paranoid? I could really use some hope that things will be ok! This is our first & I'm just not sure I can handle losing this baby after all the ultrasounds & becoming so attached...I had even just bought our first baby item (1 month-1 year picture frame & frame for hand and foot print) the day before we got this news.
November 7th, 2011, 05:23 PM
OurSweetLabs's Avatar I LOVE My Boys!!
(((HUGS)))

I am 35 weeks pregnant with a baby that survived a SCH.

At 9 weeks I lost a twin, at 10 weeks I started Pouring Blood. I had what could easily be mistaken for AF for 5 weeks. I was terrified each and every day that it was going to be the day that I lost our baby. After 5 weeks of bedrest I the bleeding stopped when I had my 15 week ultrasound the SCH was gone and our baby was fine !

Listen to your Doctor when they tell you to rest.

November 7th, 2011, 06:50 PM
Veteran
Thank you, that's very encouraging to hear! I'm sorry for your loss, but glad you have one little baby coming still to love on. The doctor seemed to think the odds were good Wednesday at our last ultrasound because the baby was on track & the clot seemed so small. We go for our anatomy scan 2 weeks from Wednesday & the doctor one week later & I'm a bit terrified! I've just been really down the last few days because every time I *think* the bleeding has stopped it shows back up, plus I just don't "feel" pregnant today. It's funny, I couldn't WAIT for my morning sickness to go away, & now I wish I'd be sick just to prove there is still a healthy little one in there, since I'm not really feeling much in the way of movement & I'm losing weight. After the sch cleared up, did the doctor remove you from bedrest or were there any major restrictions from a "normal" pregnancy?
November 8th, 2011, 07:45 AM
OurSweetLabs's Avatar I LOVE My Boys!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetsuzy1286 View Post
After the sch cleared up, did the doctor remove you from bedrest or were there any major restrictions from a "normal" pregnancy?

I was taken off of bedrest once the SCH was no longer visable on the ultrasound, but I am already at risk for Preterm labor due to going into labor with my son at 33 weeks, so I am now back on bedrest, but I wouldn't say it was related to the SCH.

Have you thought about renting or buying a doppler ? I know that mine kept me form going crazy when i was bleeding.

November 8th, 2011, 08:02 AM
I just wanted to say that,although I have not had experience with your current challenge, I know that it is quite common for morning sickness and the other feelings to subside after the first trimester. I know they really did for me. you are about 16 wks now right? so it could just be the point you've reached in your pregnancy when it seems your body has grown accustomed to the flood of hormones. Good luck! wishing you the very best!
November 25th, 2011, 06:08 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
I had an SCH, medium sized. I bled for TWELVE weeks. I had two major hemorrhages. But look at my siggy. That's my SCH baby. I bled so much because he was JUMPING UP AND DOWN ON IT. That's my kid. It healed anyway, and he's here just fine.

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search