Update on me

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 19th, 2011, 09:39 AM
Platinum Supermommy
It has been a while since I have given a general update, and I am getting very close to the end and things are getting interesting!

Last few weeks my amniotic fluid had been on the low end of normal at my NSTs. Monday it was 6.5 (normal is 8 or above). That landed me in the hospital overnight getting fluids, pre-e blood work and a 24 hour urine. What fun! Tuesday morning my fluid was measuring 8.7 and I got to go home. I was so excited because it if had not been good they would have started my induction the next day. I had my fluid checked Wed, Thur and it was good both days. Oh, and after the stint in the hospital my OB said that I would not be returning to work. Not bedrest, but that I need to be able to rest whenever I feel the need and that is not something that can happen while I am working.

I saw my OB on Friday and my BP kind of sucked. 170s/high 90s. I was peeved since I had just had it checked the day before at my NST and it was awesome, and it had been awesome the whole time I was in the hospital. They took it manual and it stayed high. I then had to sit in the exam room waiting for the doc for 20 minutes convincing myself that the waiting was taking so long because they were setting up my induction for that day. Most of the docs in my office can get a little induction happy if you are 37 weeks or more and any little thing is out of place. Thankfully the doc came in and told me that we still had some wiggle room with my BP meds, so he upped those and I will be seen again on Tuesday. I was so greatful! He sent me for more pre-e labs and ordered another 24 hour urine. I told him that I had just had them done, but I am not sure if he was not paying attention or ig things can change that fast.

Through all of this, Pinto has looked great. He is all over the place, all of the time. Always head down and likes to keep his butt jammed up in the right side of my ribcage. When the doc checked me he said I was making no progress (another reason I am glad to have dodged the induction bullet this week!) and that Pinto was way high.

Assuming everything stays good, I will be induced on 12/1. I hope that I make it there, or close to there and then go on my own. I am drinking water like a crazy person in hopes of keeping my amniotic fluid level good and I am taking things easy in the hopes of keeping my bp down.

November 19th, 2011, 11:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm happy you were able to skip an induction!! I hope you go into labor on your own!

Mom to 4 beautiful kids! 3 on Earth and 1 in heaven. Our little girl, Matilda Hope had Down Syndrome. She was born with TMD, a disease that is like leukemia. She fought that and beat it. Then, she had liver failure. She beat that, too. On October 17, 2014 she had NEC, necrotizing enterocolitis. My baby went to Heaven on October 19, 2014. She lived exactly one month.
November 19th, 2011, 08:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm so glad they haven't had to induce yet! Keeping my fingers crossed that you make it to December 1, I have a good feeling about it!

November 20th, 2011, 10:44 PM
TnPhotoMama81's Avatar Wife/Mommy/Photographer
Send a message via AIM to TnPhotoMama81 Send a message via Yahoo to TnPhotoMama81
I am glad they did not have to induce you. I really need to work on drinking more water myself...it is just so hard to do. I hope you get to wait until December! Not much longer now

My Photography Website Pinterest My Etsy Shop
November 21st, 2011, 06:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Turns out all the water drinking really does work. My flid level was up 3cm today and my BP looked awesome. Hoping for a good OB appointment tomorrow then waiting for the 1st t oget here.

November 21st, 2011, 08:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by emsketch View Post
Turns out all the water drinking really does work. My flid level was up 3cm today and my BP looked awesome. Hoping for a good OB appointment tomorrow then waiting for the 1st t oget here.
That is great news! A friend of mine had low fluid and drinking tons of water worked for her, so glad it worked for you too! Fingers crossed for a smooth delivery on the 1st!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search