Making it to my induction!

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 26th, 2011, 07:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I saw the OB this past Tuesday and my 24 hour urine (from the Tuesday before) showed I was pre-eclamptic. I did another on Saturday and the lab did not run the correct test, or the doc ordered the wrong test (I think it was the latter) but either way there was no protein count from the urine sample that I turned in on Saturday. Long story short, the OB gave me the option of inducing the next day, or repeating the urine and labs and going from there. I choose to repeat the labs and the OB was supportive since all of my blood work had looked really good the firs time, and since my bp was looking good.

Yesterday I saw the OB to get the results of my lab work and 24 hour urine. I had been on complete bedrest, aside from attending Thanksgiving dinner at my uncle's. I was monitoring my BP at home and it was looking really good. I had an NST Friday morning and it was good. I was still only 50% sure that I would be coming home from that appointment instead of going to the hospital. I even finally packed my bag! I was thrilled when the OB walked in and asked how I was feeling, then told me that the most important thing was that I am feeling good and as long as that is the case I will be making it to my Dec 1st induction date! The 24 hour urine looked way better and my pre-e labs were still looking good. He checked me and did not tell me anything other than "Woah, he is way up there!" so I am pretty sure that I am still just 1cm. I am still on bed rest and I need to pay close attention to how I am feeling, but it looks like I will make it to 39 weeks! I am so excited!!

November 27th, 2011, 06:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Yahoo!!! I am so happy for you!!! I will be keeping my fingers crossed that the induction goes smoothly and that by next weekend you are holding a healthy baby boy!

November 27th, 2011, 10:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks Beth! I am really excited too. After having issues with my fluid, then pre-e I did not think I would be making it to the 1st but I am so happy that I will be!

December 2nd, 2011, 07:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
yay!!

December 3rd, 2011, 02:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Liz, how did it go? Can't wait to hear your birth story and see photos!

December 10th, 2011, 05:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
It was a long ordeal, but in the end it was the birth I wanted. I just posted the birth story.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search