Placenta Previa

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 30th, 2011, 12:49 AM
Hi my name is Ashlee I'm 20 years old and expecting with my first baby boy. I'm 31 weeks.

I was diagnosed with a placenta previa when I was 24wks. I was admitted to the hospital at that time from a little bit of bleed. I spent 3 days in the hospital and was released and told to take it easy and my placenta may move up. Almost a month from the time I was released I had a lot more bleeding and was back in there again. This time they wanted me to stay til delivery because it could happen again and they would have to take him right away. But there was no way I could stay in there for 2 months if something didnt happen. I'm due Jan. 30th. So I signed myself and have been home on the couch for almost 3 weeks now. My husband does every little thing for me. But now I have to go c-section because my placenta covers my cervix. And I am very nervous!! I keep trying to tell myself it will be over in no time and I will have my baby boy and be able to come home!! Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks
November 30th, 2011, 08:13 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome! I don't have any experience with placenta previa but just wanted to say I hope everything goes OK for the rest of your pregnancy!

December 25th, 2011, 07:41 PM
Super Mommy
Hi,
I have 3 children and am pregnant with my 4th. My first 2 were vaginal delivery and when I had my 3rd in Sept.2010 they seen at my 20 week ultrasound that my placenta was too close to my cervix, but said it usually will move away before delivery. They kept checking, and it never budged. I had to get a c-section and let me tell you I was so nervous...Not about the actually surgery, but how they were telling me about the risks of bleeding and needing a blood transfusion....I am sooooo scared of other peoples blood, so the thought of a transfusion had me so worried. After all was said and done, it went smoothly...No need for a transfusion, baby was great and so was i. The recovery went really well. Just make sure whatever fears you have about the surgery, that the Dr.s know and what type of intervention you want. I made mine know that a transfusion was only to be given in a matter of lie and death. Not just because they felt that I lost a bit much and I would be weak after...I rather bee weak for a couple of weeks and take iron pills then to have been given a transfusion.
Hope all goes well for you as it did for me....I had spent many months worrying and all turned out for the best. I will be having another c-section and hopeing it all goes well again...
Good luck to you...I am in the July Due dates....

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search