Bicornuate Uterus--serverity

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 2nd, 2011, 04:13 PM
My wife just found out she has a heart shaped uterus called Bicornuate.
We were planning on beginning to try to have a baby in the near future.

After doing a little web surfing, it seems most people get an MRI to see the severity of the condition. Her doctor wants to do two procedures called Laparoscopy and a Hyteroscopy.

Questions: Has anyone else had these procedures done? Are these procedures that much better than an MRI? If you had the choice, would you get these procedures done, or just go with the MRI?

Obviously, being a man this is difficult trying to find a way to help my wife through this. She is nervous about the procedures and I just want as much info to help her. Thank you anyone that can help.
December 3rd, 2011, 02:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi there! I know we have had a couple moms on here with a bicornate uterus, hopefully they will chime in. I wish you guys luck with trying to conceive!

December 12th, 2011, 04:44 PM
f8hopelove's Avatar Veteran
I had a septate uterus, which is a little bit different from a bicornuate uterus. I had a septum that divided my uterus completely...

I haven't had either procedure but it sounds like the dr wants a closer look than what the mri will do. This probably will help him when he goes to correct it. I know that with the laparoscopy that the dr can correct it using that... I don't know what her dr plans to do.

I just wanted to say that I had two hard pregnancies with my uterus being the way it was. My first I had placental abruption, preterm labor, and finally a c-section delivery at 37 weeks that was very painful because my first was stuck inside my uterus. My recovery from that was even more painful. With my second I had a placental abruption that started at 16 weeks and lasted until 24 weeks when it became severe and I started hemorraging.. My second was delivered at 24 weeks gestation and suffered a massive brain bleed, and numerous problems, he is 4 years old now and doing amazing in spite of it all. However, this was all due to my uterus. Thankfully my dr corrected my uterus during my last c-section.

If I was given the choice I would undergo those procedures without hesitation knowing I could have prevented all that happened. Your wife is very lucky that the drs were able to catch the problem beforehand! I'll be praying for you both!

Thanks to Shortcake for my wonderful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search